Get Leadership Assignment Help in UK
When we appoint a leader, we generally look for the special qualities of that person and the very first quality comes out be “to lead”. We think whether the person would be able to lead the whole team or not; not just in practical sense but also in emotional way i.e. a person who can praise team members qualities while keeping own quality, talent and ego behind is considered to be an actual leader. Technically, leadership is a part of both research area and practical skills. The term has it’s meaning as to guide, to lead, and to be with everyone while leading the team or organization. US academic environments define leadership as a process in which a person gets support for completing the common tasks as a they have defined it in the context of social influence. While from European point of view, leadership is that process in which a leader can lead not only through verbal communication skills but also by personal power. ‘Leadership and defining leadership’ is still a part of many debates.
- Leadership has a great importance in the field of management. Either it is about a manager or a management team in the organization, both is appointed to manage the work of the whole department. Leaders always used to create values for others. Leadership is not only to lead and distribute tasks to the members of the team; it is about uniting the whole team and creating a spirit of oneness. Similarly, managers are not only to manage but they should lead. A leader never counts other’s lacking point rather they give them tasks to overcome those lacks and work with more efficiency. They do not just add values for themselves they create values!
- Leaders create a circle of influence. For instance, people feel safe to share their views with a leader because a leader never say people to come for solutions rather he influence the thinking of people and people come to a leader by their own for any kind of suggestion and advice.
- While a manager creates a circle of power by appointing duties and powers to other members of the team. A leader is enough capable in himself to handle everything without any subordinates.
- Leadership and management both must go hand-in-hand because an organization becomes a family when number of people put their hard work in making the organization among the competitors in the market and the manager then act as a head of the ‘family’. A manager is thus expected to have traits of a leader.
- Though a manager should possess leadership qualities, there are lot of difference between a leader and a manager and thus the same for leadership and management. While Management focuses on controlling, planning, directing and organizing, Leadership concentrates on team work, influencing, uniting, inspiring and motivating the members of the team.
- Leadership is an art that pays time for increasing the efficiency of working force while Management is science that creates standards and logical points and is a planned more related with mind. To manage the work, organizations appoint a manager ‘to lead’.
HOW LEADERSHIP IS AFFECTED BY SEX?
The major factor that comes forward while leading is the sex i.e. the leader is male or female. Even today, some companies prefer this criterion for appointing a ‘manager as a leader’. It has been seen men generally remain active towards their task. They work independently and focus more on decisions. They just focus on the task and its completion. On the other hand, females attempt to create a positive attitude in the whole environment. They create eye contacts and are more tactful persons than men.They offer help, advice, manage conflicts and the obstacles that come in between the work while men generally follow agentic style of leadership. It is not about men or women; it is about what an organization prefers more and what suits them best as per the environment of the work and the behavior of the working force.
Leadership comes with variety of variations. It is about what a person follows to influence or to lead. Some of the forms of leadership are:
- Democratic leadership – leaders tend to follow social equality while making decisions.
- Free-rein leadership–consists of appointing decision-making authority to subordinates.
- Authoritarian –leaders possess the capability of solving issues and become a central figure for each decision-making process.
- Tasks oriented –consists of leaders who tend to focus on the task being performed rather than creating relations with the team.
If You are looking for any Assignment Help or Academic Assistance in any other topic, you can visit MakeMyAssignments. We will be always there to help you throughout the assignment.