Quality Customer Service (Team Development) – The Wales Institute
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to ensure delivery of quality service through handling customer complaints, monitoring team performance, and intervening to develop team abilities to overcome difficulties in providing quality customer service.
You will perform two role-plays in the context of the Innovative Widgets simulated business. In the first role-play, you will follow procedures to handle customer complaints. In the second role-play, you will recognise areas in which you can improve the performance of a customer service team member. You will then coach the team member appropriately to improve their performance.
- Read the role descriptions provided in Appendix 1 of this task.
- Prepare to participate in two role-plays.
- In the first role-play, your assessor will participate as the customer and observe you as you role-play the customer service representative.
- In the second role-play, your assessor will participate as a team member as you role-play the manager of that team member.
- Participate in a role-play in which you follow the complaints handling procedure to resolve a customer complaint.
- Participate in a second role-play, in which you identify deficiencies in a team member’s performance and then coach the team member to improve customer service outcomes for your team.
You must participate in two role-plays observed by the assessor:
- Handling customer complaints.
- Managing under-performing team member.