Quality Customer Service (Monitoring and Improvement) – The Wales Institute
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to monitor, adjust and review customer service.
Using the background information on Innovative Widgets from your Student Workbook and from documentation provided throughout the course, you will develop strategies to monitor progress and obtain customer feedback. You will use performance information and customer feedback provided by your assessor to review customer service strategies and produce a report with recommendations for improvement.
- Develop a set of KPIs for Innovative Widgets customer service representatives. KPIs should address the areas of customer and business requirements identified below:
- call/enquiry/complaint handling time
- following organisational procedures
- identifying customer issues and opportunities to increase customer satisfaction or meet customer needs
- assisting team members to improve customer service
- assisting other internal customers of customer service team
- customer retention
- ability to handle complaints
- ability to record and store customer information
- customer satisfaction.
- Develop a plan or procedure for monitoring team members’ performance against KPIs.
- Develop a questionnaire to collect customer feedback related to KPIs and/or designed to uncover identifiable gaps between services provided (including the quality of service) and customer expectations.
- Arrange to meet with your manager (assessor) to receive performance data and feedback from customers.
- Discuss issues and possible solutions with your manager.
- Analyse performance data and customer feedback to indentify systemic customer service issues and trends.
- Prepare a 1–2 page report containing recommendations for organisation-wide customer service improvement. The report should contain:
- 3–4 recommendations
- A rationale for each recommendation based on your knowledge of:
- problem identification and resolution
- managing customer service and customer relationships
- managing quality customer service delivery
- procuring appropriate technology to address customer needs.
- Submit all documents to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.