BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff Activity-1
BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 1 – Plan for recruitment
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 1 COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
|Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0|
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
– Use clear, non-discriminatory language
– Avoid the use of jargon
– Write clearly using plain English
– Consider your target audience
– Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- prepare job descriptions
- use job descriptions to support sourcing, selecting and appointing suitable staff
- use different advertising channels to promote vacancies and/or establish a potential talent pool
- consult with managers to gain approvals
- develop selection criteria and interview questions in consultation with relevant personnel
- schedule interviews and advise relevant people of times, dates and venues
- participate in interviews and other selection techniques including assessing candidates against selection criteria to short list them
- obtain referees’ reports
- prepare and distribute a selection report including feedback to give unsuccessful candidates
- advise unsuccessful candidates of the results
- secure preferred candidate s agreement and provide an employment contract
- advise other staff of the successful candidate and arrange induction.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- identify documentation required for recruitment, selection and induction
- explain human resources life cycle and the place of recruitment and selection
- identify legislation relevant to recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- describe channels and technology to advertise vacancies
- explain a range of interviewing techniques and other selection processes and their application..
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (creating job description and participating in the job process with the WIN College educators) .
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit.
EDUCATOR to complete
|Pre-assessment work completed|
|ACTIVITY 1 – Plan for recruitment|
|Police and procedure developed.|
|Options for technology described.|
|Impressions of first day of work described.|
|Job Description developed.|
|True and False quizzes answered.|
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student?YesNo
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
Activity 1 –Plan for recruitment
- Develop one policy and procedure for one aspect of recruitment at your workplace.
2.Review options for technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruitment and selection process. Please take notes on the lecture/discussion in this allocated area.
- What websites can you use to search for jobs?
- What kind of software can be used to conduct an online interview?
- What kind of social media can be used for recruitment?
- Write down the pro’s and con’s of an “Induction” using the Win Collegeas an example
- Include how the college induction could be improved
Please take notes on the lecture/discussion in this allocated area
- Think about the first day you started a new job somewhere? What were you most interested to find out? What was most important for you to find out about working at that company/in that job? (What you were interested in and what was important may be different)
- Name the items/types of information that is usually included in a ‘Job Description’? What is the purpose of a ‘Job Description’?
- Please complete the True/false quiz below to test your comprehension of developing recruitment selection and induction policies and procedures
True False All legislation governing human resources is located at commonwealth level.
True False Ignorance of the law is not an excuse for breaking it.
True False The first stage of the recruitment process is the job analysis.
True False Job analysis attempts to determine how many staff are needed.
True False A job description is the same as a person specification.
True False Applications are standardised forms that serve as a way to gather information about people who apply for jobs with your business.
True False Jobs never change.
True False Job Descriptions should list skill requirements.
True False Criteria for evaluation should be objective.
True False You should not ask about a person’s religion.