BSBCUS501 – Manage quality customer service Formative Assessments
Develop and document a detailed process whereby it will be possible to investigate, identify, assess, and include the needs of customers in planning processes. Your document should be the equivalent of 1 page in length.
- 1. How can quality, time and cost requirements be balanced? (80–100 words)
- 2. Choose a product that might be sold to customers. Conduct research to establish customer expectations in terms of quality, time and cost specifications. How would you market the product to the customer taking these expectations into account? (80–100 words)
- 1. Detail the methods and procedures that might be used by an organisation to communicate with customers to identify and agree on product/ service specifications. (120–150 words)
- 2. You have been asked to explain to employees that you supervise what a business plan is and why it is important to have a business plan that focuses on customer service. Write a transcript of what you would say to them. (150–180 words)
- Make a list of (and briefly describe) the steps you would take and the processes you would put in place to identify the quality and delivery standards to which teams should adhere and to monitor and manage team performance so that it consistently meets organisational quality and delivery standards. Against what criteria might you measure performance and what action would you take if performance did not meet the identified standards? (150–180 words)
- 1. One of your colleagues has been having difficulty providing the customer service standards that are required in your organisation. You have observed this and have noted that this person is not making the number of sales they should make. What action do you think you might take to assist them to overcome difficulty in meeting customer service standards? (120–150 words)
- 2. A colleague has asked you to coach them to help them overcome difficulties they are experiencing in meeting customer service standards. Explain how you would go about doing this. To answer this question you will need to research the coaching process then demonstrate that you understand how coaching procedures can be applied and why it is necessary, in such situations, to have some understanding of adult learning needs. (150–180 words)
- There are a number of strategies for monitoring the progress in achieving product and/or service targets and standards. Which strategies do you consider to be the most useful? Why? (150–180 words)
Develop a questionnaire that could be used to obtain customer feedback to improve the provision of products and/or services. Answer should be the equivalent of 1 page.
- Explain the link between resource procurement and creating quality products for customers and explain how resource management is related to quality management and to continuous improvement. You might need to conduct research to complete this activity. (150–180 words)
- 1. How can an organisation make decisions to overcome problems and to adapt customer services, products and/or service delivery? Provide an example of a problem that has been solved in this way. Do you think the problem-solving process used by the organisation is sound? Why/ why not? How could the problem-solving process be improved? (80–100 words)
- 2. How can an organisation manage records, reports and recommendations within the organisation’s systems and processes? How is this information used? How could the information be used to greater effect? (120–150 words)