Does art solves problems?
Sculptor Magdalena Abakanowicz says “Art does not solve problems, but makes us aware of their existence”. Art is everywhere and it creates creativity in order to make our surroundings and world beautiful. It plays a crucial role in our daily life so every student should start practicing it from the beginning. Schools have added this as a major subject in the curriculum.
Is Art Education existence in question?
According to surveys, in the last few years more importance has been placed on core curriculum like science and math. And there has been very less role of the arts in K-12 education and their overall weight in preparing students for the future. In most of the schools, the arts program trimmed or disappeared, which is really pathetic for the nation. Creativity and the arts aid to students become amazing readers, writers and mathematicians as well! As it turns out, the study supports that gut feeling, but there is also a thing that indicates we shouldn’t have to give an explanation for the value of arts in education in the perspective of reading and math as it has its own set of skills and knowledge which itself a lot to the students.
On the contrary, education of Arts does solve problems. Years of research say that it is directly linked to almost everything which we wish for our children and insist from the schools like academic achievement, social and emotional development, civic engagement, and equitable opportunity.
Advantages of Arts Education at a glance:
- Art is such an important thing which has been associated with math, reading, cognitive ability, critical thinking, and verbal skill as well.
- Arts learning can also enhance motivation, concentration, confidence, and teamwork.
- Various researches say visual arts argues that the inherent happiness and encouragement of the art experience do more than sweeten an individual’s life
- Students can connect with people more deeply and to the world. It opens for them new ways of seeing and creating the foundation to forge social bonds and community consistency.
- Intense arts programming in schools, assists to close a gap that has left many a child behind.
- Children from low income background often find no such advanced exposures, but Arts education enables those children from a monetarily challenged condition to have a more opportunities for a better life ahead.
- It holds the history of every civilization which enables the young generation to make alive the old arts and epics.
The Bottom Lines:
It has become a mantra in the education system which no child should be missed. But there are a lot of hurdles which increase the reduction of the importance for arts education. With its pressure to get high scores in the examination is also a great cause for the same. Evidence supports this cause of reduction in Arts Education. We will get to the statistics in a minute, but the truth is more multifarious. Arts has been losing the balance for more than three decades. Also the result of unyielding budgets is another cause of it which results diminish of this education. They say it is lovely for the curriculum, but not important. Is that correct? Share your views on the below comment box or contact us via email.