Plagiarism is a common and often misunderstood conception, which results due to the lack of knowledge and skills. It is considered to be as a “wrongful appropriation” of another author’s language, expression, thought and ideas, and the representation of them as one’s own original work.
Generally, plagiarism range from copying someone’s original content to merely referring to it as someone else’s idea or work without giving any proper credits to it. We often copy the content from different online sources and websites which gets referred in our own blogs and articles. This copied content often gets termed as plagiarized when it’s not given the true credibility. Or in other terms, we could say that when the content lacks its originality and authenticity, it tends to be plagiarized.
Often the school and university guidelines encourage anti-plagiarism policies for which the students are required to provide hundred percent original work. Their professors mark them as per the authenticity of their work. In such cases, students find it difficult enough to prepare assignments that truly provide some real information instead of the one that is copied. So, one of the best ways to avoid Plagiarism is to basically plan all your work carefully and provide acknowledgment to the ones being referred in your content. Though, in this case, students should mostly prefer their own unique ideas. Be vigilant enough about the citation and the sources that need to be included in your assignment. In other cases, you might take help from assignment experts that will guide you the best in providing original work for the assignment. Online assignment writing services hire experienced professionals that provide 100% original content to their clients and students.
Here we have mentioned the three easiest methods that can help students avoid plagiarism in their work-
Method 1: Make use of the Citation System
- Students can use the citation system to find out which one is essential to use basically. They need to cite all of the references that are essential for writing in a unique style.
- Make sure that you refer to the updated edition of the citation system. There are some specific rules for citation that are generally hard to follow. So, you need to download the digital copy of actually published edition according to your preferences to further avoid any errors.
- You can also create a cited list for your assignment and then later add everything to it in the end. This is essential because once the writing portion has been done, you need to include all of the references and sources in the end as per the content written.
Method 2: Attribute the sourced content properly
- It is considered important to determine your source and at the same time, repeat the major part from it to make an exact quotation. This is done because they usually borrow the precise wording from the text to further support their argument or idea. While adding a quotation to the text, all you need to do is to determine its author and publication and at the same time clearly, state your intention as well. Make sure that the quote gets included within the quotation marks without any changes done to it.
- Follow the quotations and direct references that will help you to find a particular citation for your assignment. It further includes; the name of the author and number of pages and date of the work that was published.
- It is important to modify and change the sentences while paraphrasing and you need to be vigilant enough when you borrow some content or idea from different sources and write it in a manner that isn’t called as plagiarized. It should restate the author’s message as well as include the text of your own.
- You also need to make sure that brief clarifications and summarizations are included and written in a proper manner. It is an essential part of the citation that you determine the main ideas and then explain them briefly.
- It is important for students to consider all the specific ideas that are based on the writing you earlier read. Consult while writing about it because you might sometimes remain unclear about the content borrowed and from where it was acquired. It will further reflect that you were careful and conscious enough while quoting some content and presenting your ideas in a strong manner.
- Before including the content in your text, make sure that you read it carefully. Take enough time to read the content and source it if it’s compulsory.
Method 3: Draft the unique content
- These days, students make someone else write for their assignments, but they do not know that this practice also comes under Plagiarism. It would be considered as a plagiarized assignment if someone else writes for you and you further pass it on as your own. It only gets applied if you pay for the writing services.
- If you are citing some content from a particular source for reference, you also need to make sure that you get an allowance for it. If the publisher gets agreed for citing some content in your assignment then only you can move further it. Avoid submitting such work that has already been submitted by others.
- If you are citing some work of an author, include it only when necessary. No need to add all of the content that has been copied from different-different sources, make sure to add some unique ideas with those essential citations.
- Make sure that you don’t rely completely on the plagiarism software and add the actual, unique content. You should only use plagiarism software when needed for providing a final touch to your content. Usually, many different online plagiarism checkers offer free services. And this tempts the student to use it, again and again, leading to its constant misuse. Don’t be entirely dependent on plagiarism software for your assignments.
- If you begin your assignment a little early, you will get enough time later to do proper research. Good research usually takes time, and in order to have a strong and effective source for your assignment, you need to begin it real fast. Because later in a hurry, you might get prone to stress, which could further degrade the quality of your research. You should give yourself enough time to consult a different variety of sources and include the quality ones in your content.
Therefore, Plagiarism is all about copying content from different sources, but you can avoid it if you make use of some of the tips mentioned above. Make sure that you never get completely dependent on plagiarism software as this might create trouble for later. Prefer using your own unique and original ideas to the content and avoid the copied one. Only include the ones that are necessary for your assignment and cite its source properly.