The study of biotechnology is the combination of biological science and technology, which includes the technical execution of biological principles. When the elementary biological science and the principles of engineering come together, it becomes affiliated and create the base of biotechnology. It is the technical application of living organisms to originate useful products. To modify plants and convert food sources, humans have been using biotechnology unwittingly. Different crops were utilised by the early agriculturalists that would combat the attack of pests and insects. The study of biotechnology comprises of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemical Nutrition, Application of Biotechnology, Organisms, Bi-molecular, etc. Living organisms and living processes are managed through Biotechnology. Biotechnology practical and writing needs a lot of attention and thought experiment. Biotechnology assignment can be difficult to write as there are limited resources available on the internet. To write an assignment on biotechnology, you need to understand its basic principles and particular applications in various fields. The main areas include the assignment writing about biotechnology are as following:
To study and process biological data, Bioinformatics uses mathematics, computer science, and many other subjects. It is mainly used in genetic surveys and manage gene-related information.
Bio-robotics is another multifaceted field used in biotechnology assignment, which uses biological information to develop robots that can imitate biological functions.
Bio processing Engineering
The biology knowledge is used to produce various products used in the pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and agriculture as well.
In chemical engineering, the chemistry and engineering are combined with the use of manufacturing industry. Its sub-branches are nanotechnology, fuel cells, and bio-engineering.
Biotechnology has not only expanded into sub-discipline, but also its implementation has increased numerously in various fields. There are three areas of research; that can be discussed in the biotechnological assignment:
It is a collection of scientific techniques, which are used to improve plants, animals, and microorganisms. Based on the DNA, scientists have advanced the solutions to increase the productivity of agriculture. Starting from identifying the genes that may converse advantages on specific crops and the ability to work with them promptly, biotechnology intensifies the breeder’s ability to improve crops and livestock. There are many ways agricultural biotechnology can be used. Such as,
- Genetic engineering
- Molecular markers
- Molecular diagnostics
- Tissue culture
To prevent and treat human disease, the living cells, and cell materials are used to research and produce pharmaceutical products. In academic laboratories, industrial biotechnologists conduct experiments to produce vaccines or drugs as a part of medical research studies. On the diseases like HIV/AIDS and Cancer, research is advanced by biotechnology. Medical biotechnology jobs fall into several categories. Such as,
- Research and development
- Quality control
- Clinical research
- Regulatory Affairs
Industrial biotechnology is the most important and new approach for the prevention of pollution, conservation of resources and reduction of cost. It is mainly referred as the third wave in biotechnology. The industrial biotechnology has consolidated products improvement while protecting the environment. A few years back, the application of biotechnology in industries has provided us with new products that could not be even imagined. As this process is very new, its benefits are still not well understood by the industries. There are three fields of study of detailed information obtained from the cell, in which the industrial biotechnology runs in a series of developments. Such as,
Biotechnology is a primary laboratory-based discipline, so you have to write a lot of lab reports on assignment throughout your course. Let us discuss some important points to keep in mind while writing your biotechnology assignment:
- Always complete your groundwork before you start the coursework. Make your basic concepts clear like genetics, if your background knowledge of biotechnology is weak.
- Never miss the class of biotechnology, as the material provided by the lecturers can be very helpful in making your assignment.
- You must understand how to deduct the information from the experiment and use that information in a professional manner.
- Before writing the designs, know how to design the experiments and how to assess the results successfully and then draw the conclusions in your assignment.
- To solve a biotechnology problems, you must study and understand all the techniques, so that you can actually apply them in the right manner.
- You can always use the software tools like Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel or SSPS, as these tools can help you better in researching and presenting your experimental data.
- Find the necessary and relevant data from the textbooks, research papers and journals to evaluate and write the original scientific literature in your words.
- You can find lots of evidence online to support your information and ideas written in your assignment.
- Pay close attention to accurate details and relate to the ideas, experiments and assembling the complex information.
- To be a successful R & D scientist, doing the inventions in your lab is not enough. For the benefit of the human society, you must know how to communicate your research findings effectively.
Organise and divide the content of the assignment into:
- Methods and materials
- Research finding