I believe that this article will enlighten your mind and bring you out from the darkness of academic stress of day to day life. In today’s scenario, college life comes out to be very stressful. As for many students it is for the first time that they would be experiencing vital academical pressure, while at the same time many students are staying away from their family. In college there are many activities to perform at the same point of time, like scoring excellent grades, participating in college activities, relationships, financial matter, etc. are activities which are hard to manage simultaneously. It leads to give stress, burden and tension in the mind of a student or an individual.
All this type of stressful routine in college can be set off by an individual if they follow the described parameters, which are provided as below:
- SLEEP SOUNDLY. It seems to be very difficult to get enough time to sleep during college life. But it isn’t that much harder. You all have to do is plan your work and work your plan on time. That will make you able to finish all your assignments within deadline and rescue enough time for sleeping. As per many doctors it is being observed that insufficient sleep attracts many diseases such as depression, obesity, diabetes, etc. If we take sound sleep, we can concentrate more on our daily work efficiently.
- DO REWARD YOURSELF. Try to do Leisure activities, i.e. recreational activities more frequently. We should perform such activities daily which bring joy within your psyche. While doing such recreational activities you not only bring joy in our self, but also help with the recreation of our spirit. Serving your spirit is a great way to reduce stress. Give some time from your daily time that rewards or give joy to your spirit. It will help you to get free from all your worries and stress. Makes you able to perform your daily work with more energy and new ideas.
- HEALTHY DIET. A daily diet of junk foods like pizza, burger and vending machine for soda cans will definitely reduce the energy level in the body. Eating junk foods always ends up with tiredness in the body, all time sleepy, and also invites many diseases. So it is highly recommended to have a diet containing vegetables, fruits, grains, etc. Such diet will help you to be energized all time with an active time. Keeps away from diseases like food poising, and obesity. This will entitle you to live life carefree from day to day stress load.
- DON’T EVER GIVE AWAY, WHAT YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT. While pursuing the future goals at some stage we might leave things for which we were most passionate about. But we should never yield up on such things. We should get some time from our busy and hectic life for such passionate activities. Attempt to steal a pair of hours each month which helps you in pursuing a hobby or other activities that you love.You should execute such activities that give peace to your psyche and soul and constantly stay tuned with such type of actions. Even in case you find your assignments pending, you can use our assignment help service.
- CHOOSE ALCOHOL FOR RELAXATION PURPOSE IS A DANGEROUS OPTION. After doing studies for late hours and other activities, it is a bit natural for an individual to become strained, fatigue and so. But using alcohol as stress buster is a serious option. An individual may feel stress relief for 3 or 4 hours. But if you get overindulged with drugs or alcohol, you may suffer from nausea and hangovers. Your student health center or the National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service at 800-662-HELP can assist or help in counseling with a professional.
- DO DAILY EXERCISE. The Body requires oxygen and food to maintain body health and its vitality. When any individual is stressed, moving around in fresh air is the first thing that you will be looking to do. At leasts 25 minutes daily exercise can reduce the stress levels. Do enjoyable activities like swimming, yoga, etc. you won’t be continuing activities which you don’t like.
- GET A PROFESSIONAL AND EXPERIENCED COACH. In college there are numerous of activities. Every individual has its individual strength to perform specific tasks with its optimum capacity to do the task. Coaches are skilled and experienced, helps you to understand which work is best suitable for you. They also provide you to know where are your strengths and how to practice to reach the next level.
- MANAGING YOURSELF. Manage your daily plans with all priority list adhered. Categorize the work according to importance and as per priority list of yours. Draft a time table representing the time required by each task. When you start managing your time, yourself, then slowly and gradually other things will also fall into place.
While going to college there can be a lot of pressure on you. Using some of the above mentioned strategies will definitely help you to reduce your stress level. Many people have their own fantasy or what they have dreamt of college life like – “Best time of your life”. And while the college is about positive attitude for intellectual and personal development of individuals, in the end it comes out with time filled with stress. By implementing above mentioned points we can enrich our self to control stress levels in college level to a great extent.