When your professors sit down to check your academic essays, they always go for the title first. This is what makes the title writing thing the most important aspect while writing an essay. Now you can also imagine how you can grab their attention at first glance, just by adding magic to your title sentence. And if you are unable to do so, you can take help from our online essay writing experts that guarantee phenomenal results with quality assignments.
Writing a good essay title
If you wonder how you can make your title stand out of the rest, then take a look at the points mentioned below that will guide you with the process.
Write catchy titles
This is one of the most crucial yet evident source. Will you ever prefer reading essays or academic papers with dull titles? Surely not. One would always go for something fascinating yet exciting to read.
Sometimes, in an attempt to make their titles catchy, students forget to focus on true facts and provide an improper headline. Making a title catchy isn’t that necessary than making it sound true with its foremost purpose to deliver.
Easy to read
Nobody would ever want to read a title that looks far very complicated in its context. All you need to do is make sure that your title doesn’t include any difficult words, uncommon facts or complex phrases.
Make use of active voice
If you are making use of verbs in your title sentence, then do write it in an active voice. Students often commit the same mistake of presenting it in the passive voice, which is not quite suitable to present titles for your essays.
The essay title must brief the meaning of your content because only then will the readers be prompted to read your content further. It needs to be short and simple. For instance, long headlines are often misleading.
No matter what subject you choose for writing, make sure that you do not indulge in writing inaccurate essay title under any circumstances. Never try to deceive your audience; instead, give a good picture of what they’re going to read.
Major components of essay title
Just like you use a proper outline and well-structured plan for essay writing, the same goes for the title writing aspect as well. Here we have mentioned a few major components that you can follow up while writing the title for your essay.
- Keywords of the subject: This is where you explain the ‘what’ of your essay (the concept that needs to be explored)
- Keywords of focus: This is where you explain the ‘where/when’ of your essay (this provides more detail to make it look professional)
- A catchy hook: The main element of introduction
Tips for Writing Effective Titles
If you wish to write interesting titles for your essay, take a look at the tips mentioned below to make your essay title sound just perfect.
- For writing title, frame a sentence out of your draft that defines your content.
- To make it sound more interesting, you can begin with who, when, where, what, why and how—adding the questioning element to your title.
- You can also begin with a query, by including ‘is/are, do/does or will.’
- You can pick up a common saying or quote from a thesis, book, or movie.
- You can add on the twist element to your title sentence by altering the phrase or making a joke on it.
- You can also add two titles together and adjoin them with a semicolon in between.
So, these were some essential pointers and tips that need to be followed while writing the title sentence of an essay. Apart from this, if you require any help regarding your college essays or assignments, feel free to contact our online essay writing services for professional help and guidance.