When it comes to teaching students, spoon-feeding is highly not recommended by the teachers. It often ruins the learning capabilities of students, thus making the whole process of education meaningless. Schools, colleges, and other learning institutes are places where students are taught to study at home and clear their doubts with teachers. The homework given to students becomes a sight of immense displeasure, as they think that studying at schools and colleges is more than enough for them.
The main purpose of assignments and homework is to increase the learning capabilities of students. Students learn a lot more when they practice something by themselves. So teachers often give assignments to students to complete at home that will help them increase their learning process.
To get a good score in academics, students need to ensure that assignments are created perfectly, with no mistakes in it. They also need to make sure that editing and proofreading are done before submitting the assignments to their teachers. But there are some who face difficulty in editing their assignments. So here we have provided a guide for you that will provide valuable insights on how to edit your assignments effectively.
The three most important phases of editing are-
- Content Checklist
- Style and Structure
- Checking spellings, grammar, and punctuations
As a student, it is very important for you to edit your assignments carefully before submitting it to your teachers. Here are some of the strategies that will help you perform this task more easily-
- Always take a break before editing the draft of your assignment. Taking breaks in between will help you to edit the document in a better way. Though, this might cause you a little problem, if you have to submit your assignment the next day.
- When you sit to edit your draft, make sure that you spare enough time for it. If your assignment is edited in a hurry, you might miss some of the important things, and errors would still be present in your assignment.
- You should try reading your work as a reader who has not read the assignment before. This will help you to include all the necessary points and delete the ones which are not important.
- Scan your document carefully, so that you can remove all the unnecessary details from it.
- It is important for you to read your work loudly, to mark correct punctuations in it.
- Stick to your word count. Make sure that you do not exceed the word limit with long-wide sentences. Include only the important examples in your document and remove the unnecessary ones from it.
- You also need to make sure that correct references are included at the end of the document. References should be written in an appropriate style and manner that fits within the requirement.
Three phases of editing
Editing is an important task for your assignment as it helps you to tune your draft finely. It makes sure that all the errors are removed from your assignment so that you can improve your marks. Given below are the three most important phases of editing you should pay heed to-
Editing the Content Checklist
The following table helps you to edit the content checklist-
Editing the Style and Structure
The following table will provide you the correct guidelines as to how to edit your style and structure of the assignment-
Editing the spellings, grammar and punctuations
The following table presents on how to carefully check your spellings, grammar and punctuations in the assignment-
With the above mentioned guidelines, any student can edit their documents carefully and present an excellent assignment to their teachers. This will not only help them to increase their writing and editing skills, but will also ensure a good score in academics, if done correctly.