Performing research is a very exquisite yet enticing task for students because it offers enormous benefits to them in terms of data. From collecting facts to preparing a very informative document from the data extracted, all of the students’ academic projects surround against this one single phenomena of ‘research.’
So when we talk about the research work, it primarily involves digging out data and concrete information backed up with substantial evidence from authentic and reliable sources.
Important things to remember while doing research-
- It is all about exploring new ideas and real issues.
- Bringing out quick solutions for these issues.
- Setting up the arguments and backing them up with relevant sources.
- Digging data and facts to support arguments.
- Research work is all about the issue/topic you choose, so be fair with its conclusion.
Ethics for conducting research
For every academic work, whether its a research work or some assignment, there are certain rules and guidelines that you need to follow to comply with it ethically. Some of the basic-known ethics for conducting research are-
- If you want to become a skilled researcher, always back your content with logical arguments.
- Research is all about the collection of accurate data.
- Present a detailed evaluation of the data collected from your research.
- In order to present a good outcome of your research, make sure that it leaves a cumulative impact and incites audience about your content while opening new grounds of research and innovative field.
- Professional researchers never compromise with the quality of information. They know, where there’s need for legitimate sources and how to use them prudently.
- Skilled researchers always give the due credit to the source from which the information was collected and mention them later in the referencing, citation or bibliography list.
Types of research
While preparing an academic document or paper, some of the most important kinds of research methods are as follows-
This one is more towards elaborating and less towards structuring. Here you consider more about the developments of your idea, viewpoints and thoughts. The most common examples for performing qualitative research are – face to face interview and group discussion.
Here we majorly talk about things that are related to numbers and statistics. The researcher is more focused on quantifying data, behaviors and certain opinions. The most common forms of conducting quantitative research are – surveys, online polls and infographics.
The researcher here tends to collect more information from different sources. Where, in the end, his/her personal opinion is set to frame the conclusion based on concrete evidence.
This kind of research focuses on persuading/influencing the readers’ opinions on the grounds of arguments framed by the researcher. The document presents various pros and cons of the data and then suggests different ways to solve the issue.
Cause and effect research
This begins with a general explanation of a situation. Here, the researcher’s main role is to present the causes and effects that can help conclude his/her data.
Followed with a certain protocol, the researcher here is required to conduct an experiment, provide research data, share its outcomes, and then conclude it with a final verdict.
Based on a survey, you collect data, analyze the findings, and draw appropriate conclusions from it.
Students majorly perform the problem-solution research to solve a particular problem.
In comparison to other research methods, this one is the easiest. Here the researcher informs the audience about the mere facts derived from research. An already prepared report is also referred to as a genuine source to find additional data and facts.
Providing quality data with the help of your research work is what every student desires in terms of submitting his/her academic assignment. So if you feel the need to get assistance regarding any of your academic works or assignments, contact our online academic writing services now for professional help and guidance.