TNA67 Management Accounting ICON COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT
Assignment Context and Business Scenario
You have been the Management Accountant of Zylla Company for a number of years. It is a large multinational organisation, which has undergone a number of changes over some time, the result of expansion into new markets and locations, restructuring and acquisitions. The Finance Director considers that the existing management accounting system needs to be revamped to make it more relevant to the changes that have occurred.
You are required to review the existing system, and conduct a research on developments in management accounting, with the view to recommending comprehensive changes to Zylla Company management accounting system, and preparing a report of same to the Finance Director for review and onward submission to the Board of Directors.
Your report must consider a number of themes in management accounting. Specifically it must recommend changes that cover the following:
1. Management accounting and management accounting systems, 2. Management accounting techniques for determining costs,
3. Management accounting planning tools, and
4. Response to financial problems using management accounting.
Your report must also provide examples of income statements prepared on the basis of absorption costing and marginal costing. In order to do this, you may use the data attached to this assignment brief, or you may collect your own data for that purpose. These may be presented as appendices appropriately referenced in the body of your report.
Your report must be appropriately structured. The following is suggested as a guide of how a good report should be:
- An introductory section with brief a description of Zylla Company and what the report is about.
- The main section (body) of the report, which may be subdivided on the basis of the four themes listed above corresponding to the tasks on the next page.
- A concluding section that briefly summarises your work.