Literature Review Assignment Help
Get the best assignment help from MakeMyAssignments.com
Assignment 2 Literature Review
Due: Friday Week 9 – April 28 2017 – 5.00pm Length: approximately 2,000 words +/– 20% Weighting: 30%
You are expected to make an extensive search of the literature on a particular topic relevant to marketing research. This should be followed by a thorough reasoned evaluation of the literature collected and a written report on the evaluation. As a guide the word limit for this piece of assessment should be no more than 2,000 words. Students should get the selected topic approved by the unit assessor before commencing work. Some appropriate topics would include: service quality (SERVQUAL or SERVPERF); export marketing; resource-based view (RBV); Industrial Organization framework; contingency theory; institutional theory; marketing capabilities; market orientation; learning orientation; Porter’s Model; BCG Portfolio Matrix etc.
The structure of the Literature Review should include the following key components:
- Introduction – 5 Marks
- why you are writing a review, and why the topic is important
- the scope of the review — what aspects of the topic will be discussed
- the criteria used for your literature selection (e.g.. type of sources used, date range)
- the organizational pattern of the review.
- Main Body of the Report – 15 Marks
- historical background
- previous studies on the topic
- mainstream versus alternative viewpoints
- principal questions being asked
- general conclusions that are being drawn.
- Conclusion – 10 Marks
- the main agreements and disagreements in the literature.
- any gaps or areas for further research.
- your overall perspective on the topic.
The marks will be weighted in accordance with the above elements. General marking criteria are:
- extent and quality of research
- depth and originality of analysis
- presentation (use of visuals and summary tables). You must address all of the bullet points under each of the three headings (structured with headings/subheadings) and provide a list of
references. Be sure to acknowledge all sources in-text (Harvard-style referencing, please). Marks will be deducted for poor referencing.