Inter-professional Practice & Patient Safety Essay – Griffith University
The purpose of this essay is to enable you to critically evaluate current research about adverse events in the acute environment. You will examine nursing strategies that can be used to prevent adverse events in a hospital including the role of inter-professional practice in promoting patient safety.
This assessment item will address all three (3) learning outcomes for this course.
For this task you need to write a 2000-word essay.
- Choose ONE of the following preventable adverse events options that may occur whilst a patient is in hospital:
- Medications errors
- Clinical management – failure to act
- Hospital acquired infection
- Write a critical evaluation of current research about adverse events in the acute environment. Note that the term critically evaluate “sometimes called critically analyse or review means to show the essence of something by breaking it down into it is components parts, examining each part in detail and explaining issues…” (Griffith Health Writing and Referencing Guide, 2018, paragraph 1). It also means making connections and seeing relationships between information. The term critically evaluate also implies to weigh up strengths and weaknesses and judge the worth of the argument or position (Griffith Health Writing and Referencing Guide, 2018).
- [Locker] The locker [id=8177] doesn't exist or the default lockers were deleted.