Health and Safety Assignment – Central Bedfordshire College
|Assignment title||Health and Safety in the Workplace|
|Purpose of this assignment|
This unit will support you to gain an understanding of the principles and values which underpin Health and Safety in the Workplace. The unit will enhance your understanding, giving reasons for practices, policies and procedures. Thus enabaling you to provide a high standard of care and support.
You should refer to the assessment criteria and also the relevant unit content, when preparing your evidence for assessment.
|Task 1 (LO1 1.1,1.2, 1.3, LO3 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, M1,M2,M3 and D2, D3 ) |
Essay -Legislation in context
Interview members of staff in your setting who have responsibility for Health and Safety to find information for your essay which will include the following:
· Review systems, policies and procedures for communicating information on health and safety in accordance with legislation. Explain how health and safety policies and practices are monitored and reviewed in the setting.
· Assess the responsibilities for the management of health and safety in relation to organisational structures.
· Analyse health and safety priorities in workplace.
· Analyse the effectiveness of health and safety policies and practices in promoting a positive, healthy and safe culture
· Evaluate your own contributions to placing the health and safety needs of individuals at the centre of your practice
· INCLUDE YOUR INTERVIEW NOTES AS AN APPENDIX.
· There must be 10 reliable sources of reference included and a reference list ( according to Harvard System)
To achieve M1 you must demonstrate that you have looked at policies and legislation and identified why these have been implemented and explain the impact if these had not been put into practice.
To achieve M2 you must select appropriate resource materials for the assignment with the use of the internet, journals, publications and text.
To achieve M3 the report should be written in a structured sequence. The following elements should be present: a defined introduction; main body of information, which develops structured aurgument; clearly defined conclusions, which are linked an supported by the information contain in the main section.
To achieve D2 you should take an effective approach to independent research and will have met the deadline to submit the tasks and achieve the unit assessment criteria.
D3 evidence of self-evaluation has taken place
|Task 2 (LO2 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and D1,) |
A report -Assessing the risks
In preparation for the admission of several new service users, your manager has asked you
to conduct a risk assessment of the setting and produce a report.
To achieve D1 you must critically evaluate your work and draw conclusions. You must be critical of ideas put forward with your report and offer justification on how the conclusions have been developed.