Emergent Technology IT Assignment
WHAT TO DO:
- Follow the Study Schedule and work with the Topics (Modules) in Interact as they provide a “scaffold” for your learning in this subject.
- You are required to develop a detailed Capstone Project Proposal and Plan using project management software (as listed in the Study Schedule) and the skills you have acquired from IT Project Management to develop a project plan with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), milestones and Gantt chart. These tools may help.
- Begin using the ‘project blog‘ as a tool beyond the weekly progrees reports for your chosen emerging technology topic:
- The blog is a way to not only “think by writing” and make your notes but also store project files and links in a cloud-based service.
- Consider sharing the site with your peers as a way to tell a story and harness each others knowledge.
- The blog is ideally updated each week with 3 or 4 entries for documenting your project notes and as the foundation for editing and writing the Capstone Project Report. An ideal blog entry will have around 50-150 words (150-600 words a week).
- Group Work OPTION for Assessment Items (Not recommended for Online Study mode students): The Group Capstone Project Proposal and Plan is submitted by the team of three (3 maximum group size) for a group mark on a project proposal and plan that clearly indicates the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Role and Responsibilities of EACH member to carry an equal share of the load in the project work.
This assessment task aligns with the FIRST, SECOND and FIFTH learning outcomes.
The Capstone Topic Project Plan allows for a broad range of project areas like systems administration, database systems, IT security, mobile technology etc. Often the project has a sponsor and is linked to your interest or workplace needs. The proposal has a research component (Assessment Item 3 Annotated Bibliography) so in some cases you may need to find a supervisor willing to accept you as a candidate.