Develop Customer Service Plan
|Candidate’s name|| ||Phone no.|| |
|Assessor’s name|| ||Phone no.|| |
|Assessment site|| |
|Assessment date/s|| ||Time/s|| |
The Assessment Task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to plan to meet customer requirements through the development of a customer service plan.
You will develop a customer service plan for the simulated business ‘Innovative Widgets’. You will gather the background information on the simulated business from your Student Workbook and any information about Innovative Widgets that you may have created in the course of completing learning activities in the Student Workbook.
- Over the duration of the course, gather information on the Innovative Widgets simulated business from course materials.
- Over the duration of the course, based on the information you are provided, produce a customer service plan for Innovative Widgets. Your customer service plan should include:
- vision and mission statements that refer to internal and external customers
- product standards that include:
- policies and procedures for:
- gathering customer information and conducting market research to identify customer needs using the RATER model
- responding to customer complaints
- managing records and data.
- Develop a one page reflection on your plan and how the design of your plan will work to achieve quality customer service and legal compliance.
- Submit your customer service plan and reflection to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
You must provide:
- a customer service plan submitted on A4 paper or, if submitted electronically, in Word format.
- a one page reflection on your development and design of a customer service plan.
Your assessor will be looking for:
- a plan that is easy to understand by employees
- a plan and reflection that have correct spelling and grammar
- a plan that includes, where necessary, clear and labelled charts, tables, or diagrams
- a plan that includes vision and mission statements, product standards and procedures that reflect customer needs and promote quality customer service
- A plan that includes procedures that demonstrate knowledge of strategies for managing customer service:
- understanding customer needs
- understanding how to build customer relationships
- a plan that includes procedures for record management that demonstrate understanding of internal needs to collect and store information appropriately
- a plan that includes reference (in policies and procedures) to relevant legislation
- a written reflection that contains reference to:
- how procedures will work to ensure quality time and cost specifications agreed with customers
- key provisions of legislation and mandatory standards and an explanation as to why they are relevant to aspects of your plan, particularly policies and procedures
- best practice models and voluntary standards and codes of practice which inform your plan
- customer service charters and the importance for public relations and product/service promotion; discuss whether a customer service charter should be developed for Innovative Widgets to explain the organisation’s customer service policy to customers.
Adjustment for distance-based learners:
- no variation of the task is required
- a follow-up interview may be required (at the discretion of the assessor)
- documentation can be submitted electronically or posted in the mail.