BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management Project Management
Get the best assignment help from MakeMyAssignments.com
- There are 10 tasks and questions in this assessment. You must answer all.
|Question 1: Choose the different categories to identify whether they are PCBU or not according to the new WH&S Act. Write “Yes” or “No” in the left column. (2 marks)|
|Individuals who carry out domestic work in their own home (e.g. domestic chores etc).|
|A builder (including principal contractors and sub-contractors)|
|A government department or government agency|
|A manufacturing business|
|A nanny working in your home for your child.|
|Individual householders who engage persons to carry out ad hoc home maintenance and repairs or other domestic work, e.g. casual babysitters.|
|An owner-driver of their own transport or courier business|
|A school or college|
|Question 2: Risk Management Scenario. (4 marks)|
|Guy and Samantha are tenants at 11 Somerville Street, Belmore Heights, which is managed by Evansdale Real Estate. Their four-bedroom property has a swimming pool. The latch on the swimming pool gate does not always lock properly. They have a 3-year-old son who has managed to open the pool gate on a number of occasions. They also have a dog that went out of the gate sometimes. They have sent a letter to Evansdale Real Estate asking for the lock to be fixed. However the landlord is unwilling to pay for a locksmith to do this.|
Identify three risks from the scenario.
List the potential risks of the scenario and put them in the risk matrix below.
How would you handle this situation if you are the real estate manager?
|Question 3: Case Study of XYZ Airline’s project. (2 marks)|
(adapted from a case available at http://calleam.com/WTPF/?p=2347)
|A project named as “Jetsmart” engineering parts management system is renamed “Dumbjet” by aircraft engineers because the system is so difficult to use. Failure to engage the engineers and suppliers who would be the eventual users of the system into the requirements and design processes resulted in a system that the engineers deemed to be unusable once it was launched. At the same time suppliers complained that the software system is slower than the old phone ordering method. For example, engineers order at 10:00 am and the suppliers would get the order at 3:00 pm. After just a few months in operation (during which time some staff refused to use it and unions threatened industrial action), the system is dumped. In one of the comments, the XYZ CEO is quoted in a local Magazine as having said “We wouldn’t ask them what their views on our software systems were. We’ll put in what we think is the appropriate for us”.|
Identify all the stakeholders of this project.
Who are “us” and who are “them” in the case?
What risk assessment should have XYZ Management done to avoid this failure?
|Question 4: Match the following items to their descriptions (2 marks)|
|A) Stakeholder||Responsible for managing project activities|
|B) Customer||Person who work in the project|
|C) Consultant||Responsible for the technical ideas and advice|
|D) Project manager||Person involved in or affected by project activities|
|E) Project team member||People who will use the outcome of the project|
|Question 5: What are the 3 project control methods? Explain with examples and mention what type of organisations or projects might use each method. (2 marks)|
|Question 6: List Tuckman’s 5 stages of team development. Using your project as an example, explain how your team would adapt in each stage. (2 marks)|
Question 7: Construct a “flow chart” for this college admission process. Use separate page if necessary. (4 marks)
- Student asks for college brochure, education costs and application form
- College send the details
- Student checks the cost and makes decision to go. If the cost was high, the student wouldn’t be interested
- The college receives application
- The college analyse the student’s documents and previous qualification
- The college makes the decision to accept the student
- The college sends offer letter
- The student sends the fees
- The student apply for a visa
- The embassy makes a decision to give visa to the student as the student meets visa requirements
- The student gets the visa and purchase air ticket
- The student flies to the new country
- The student gets enrolled in the course
Question 8: Project Budget Calculation: (4 marks)
- You are investing in a coffee shop project with your friend in Sydney on 2013. Your first investment was $200,000. Your investment advisor has told you that if you get 20% of return from this, it would be a good investment project. The forecast for returns for the next 4 years are follows:
|2014 = $30,000||2015 = $50,000||2016 = $55,000||2017 = $60,000|