7SSMM518 Marketing Analytics Assignment
Purple4 is a small (fictitious) telecommunications company operating in the US. The company is relatively successful, but wishes to grow and diversify further in the future. It has a number of ideas for further development and wishes to use the power of marketing analytics to see some of them come to fruition. These include the development of a new credit card built into a phone app, a new loan business, with loans assessed and delivered via a mobile phone app, and car insurance. You have been tasked with developing marketing analytics projects to aid in future decisions about the company. You cannot do everything so you must be selective about the project, techniques and data used.
In particular, some of the questions that the company has are as follows:
- Who are our most valuable customers?
- Which customers are leaving us and why?
- To which of our customers should we consider providing loans?
- To which of our customers should we consider providing mobile credit cards?
- To which of our customers should we consider providing car insurance?
- Given our limited resources, which of the three product offers should we rollout to our complete customer base?
The data set purple4.sav is available on KEATS. The data set includes a representative sample of 4865 customers (N.B. only a subset in order for all students to able to complete this assignment on their own computers). The data set (much of this is compiled from third party providers) includes information collected on the characteristics of customers, aspects of their consumer and lifestyle behaviour, financial behaviour, telecommunications product purchases, other products purchased, and details on responses to three recent marketing campaigns. There are many variables and part of the challenge will be for you to identify which variables are most useful for your analysis.
The purple4.sav data set is used for this assignment and is available from KEATS. For the project proposal, you should complete the following:
- Describe the basic features of the data set.
- State several possible issues that the data set will enable you to investigate (and which
data you would use).
- Select and discuss a specific marketing problem in the organisation that would require
marketing analytics to solve.
- State your chosen techniques for investigating the problem, including a critical assessment
of their benefits and limitations.
Submit a 500-word proposal by Friday, 16th February, 2018.