BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on Moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
– Use clear, non-discriminatory language
– Avoid the use of jargon
– Write clearly using plain English
– Consider your target audience
– Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- use business technology to create and use systems and processes to organise and prioritise tasks and commitments
- measure and maintain personal work performance including assessing competency against competency standards and seeking feedback
- maintain an appropriate work-life balance to manage personal health and stress
- participate in networks
- develop a personal development plan which includes career objectives and an action plan
- develop new skills.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- explain principles and techniques involved in the management and organisation of:
- performance measurement
- personal behaviour, self-awareness and personality traits identification
- a personal development plan
- personal goal setting
- discuss management development opportunities and options for self
- describe methods for achieving a healthy work-life balance
- outline organisation’s policies, plans and procedures
- explain types of learning style/s and how they relate to the individual
- describe types of work methods and practices that can improve personal performance.
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (True and False questions).
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit
EDUCATOR to complete
(If resubmission required)
Pre-assessment work completed
Assessment 1, Assessment 2, Assessment 3, Final Assessment, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully
Third Party Report
Third Party report Handed In (in person)
All questions answered.
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student?YesNo
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
- Have you had experience in a workplace where some facilities or perks have been offered which has helped you to do your job better or be happier in your workplace? If yes, please explain. If not, please write what facilities you would have liked to have had which would have helped you do your job better (be realistic and explain how they would help you?)
- How do you serve as a positive role model through personal work planning and organising?
- What are your accountabilities and responsibilities in your workplace? How do you prioritise them?
- How do you measure and maintain your personal performance in the workplace?
- Describe the types of technology you use to manage workplace priorities and commitments.
- How do you recognise the signs of personal stress? What strategies do you use to reduce the stress?
- How about team member’s stress? How do you recognise it and what do you do to reduce it?
- Carry out a skills audit on yourself. Use the format provided below. This will be used as a part of the formal assessment for this unit.
Knowledge and skills which I consider to be important for my current work:
Your ability rating (1-5) or strong/weak/somewhere-in-between
Knowledge and skills which I consider to be important for my future work:
Your ability rating (1-5) or strong/weak/somewhere-in-between
- Write as many areas as possible that could be used to describe competence in doing a job.
Some suggested answers (you need to add more):
- Problem solving abilities
- Works well in a team
- You must design a feedback form for yourself on what they are like as a student. It must include at least 5 of the above and 2 extra (student can decide). It must include a suggestion of what can be done better and include weaknesses and strengths.
Then give the feedback form to another student (or educator) to fill in about you. (It must be stressed that an incomplete feedback is a waste of time as you will not grow from the experience.)
Write your reflection on the feedback you received: (and don’t forget to attach the form)
- Research 3 learning styles
What are the 3 learning styles? Write characteristics of each. Which one do you think represents your learning style?
- Think of networking opportunities that exist in the workplace. They should include your own personal experiences.
List the opportunities below and next to them write how that can help you to grow as a person or in your work.
- Identify the main strength of the business where you work or are familiar with. Identify some competitors that business has(and their strengths). Then think of ways to develop that strength to be even more competitive in the workplace.
Write your thoughts/ideas below.