BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 1–True and False
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 1 COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
– Use clear, non-discriminatory language
– Avoid the use of jargon
– Write clearly using plain English
– Consider your target audience
– Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- use business technology to create and use systems and processes to organise and prioritise tasks and commitments
- measure and maintain personal work performance including assessing competency against competency standards and seeking feedback
- maintain an appropriate work-life balance to manage personal health and stress
- participate in networks
- develop a personal development plan which includes career objectives and an action plan
- develop new skills.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- explain principles and techniques involved in the management and organisation of:
- performance measurement
- personal behaviour, self-awareness and personality traits identification
- a personal development plan
- personal goal setting
- discuss management development opportunities and options for self
- describe methods for achieving a healthy work-life balance
- outline organisation’s policies, plans and procedures
- explain types of learning style/s and how they relate to the individual
- describe types of work methods and practices that can improve personal performance.
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (True and False questions).
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit
EDUCATOR to complete
Pre-assessment work completed
All assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully
ACTIVITY 1 – True and False
All questions answered.
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student?YesNo
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
Activity 1 –True and False
- Highlight either True or False for the following questions.
- [True] [False] Goal setting should only be practised at work.
- [True] [False] Goals should be sharp and well defined.
- [True] [False] Work and your personal life should be in balance in order for you to be most effective at each.
- [True] [False] Only short-term goals should be set.
- [True] [False] Lifetime goals should only include work goals.
- [True] [False] Goals must be prioritised.
- [True] [False] Your goals should not be updated regularly.
- [True] [False] Goals should be expressed as a negative statement.
- [True] [False] Written goals are more effective than those that are not written down.
- [True] [False] Exciting goals are more easily achieved than boring goals.
- How much time pressure do you experience? In this test, we will assess the degree to which time pressures influence your life. Answer all the questions by highlighting the best alternative, even if no single answer seems exactly right.
- In a typical week, how often do you use your mobile?
[ ] Regularly [ ] Part of the time [ ]Occasionally[ ] Almost never
- How many hours do you sleep on an average night?
[ ] 5 or less [ ] 6 [ ] 8 or more
[ ] When I have a train or plane to catch, I like to arrive as close as possible to the departure time so I will not have to waste time sitting around.
[ ] I always leave extra time to get to the airport or train station so I will not have to worry about missing the flight or train.
[ ] At a restaurant, I like my food served as soon as possible after I have ordered.
[ ] I do not mind waiting a few minutes for the food I have ordered.
[ ] With so many demands on my time, I find it hard to keep up friendships.
[ ] I try to make time to see my friends regularly.
- Compared with your life 10 years ago, would you say you have more or less leisure time?
[ ] Less [ ] About the same [ ] Slightly more [ ] Much more
- How would you rate your ability to conduct a conversation and appear to be paying attention while thinking about something at the same time?
[ ] Excellent [ ] Good [ ] Fair [ ]Poor
- In an average week, how many evening or weekend hours do you spend working overtime or on work you have brought home?
[ ] 16 or more [ ] 11-15 [ ] 6-10[ ] 0-5
- How often do you find yourself wishing you had more time to spend with friends and family?
[ ] Constantly [ ] Often [ ] Occasionally[ ] Almost never
[ ] Constantly[ ] Often [ ] Occasionally [ ] Almost never
- During a typical week, how often do you feel rushed?
- During the past year, how would you say your life has grown?
[ ] Busier [ ] About the same [ ] Somewhat less busy[ ] Much less busy
- Highlight either True or False for the following questions.
- [True] [False] Often there is not enough time to achieve everything we would Iike to do.
- [True] [False] A work schedule is the first step in managing your time
- [True] [False] If you do not have the right skills to undertake a task, you should learn the skills to do it — this is the most effective way of using your time.
- [True] [False] Physical exercise will tie you and mean that you are not able to make the best use of your time.
- [True] [False] Schedules should be inflexible.
- [True] [False] You should consider both yours and your family’s schedules in order to achieve balance in your life.
- [True] [False] To-Do List is a list of all the tasks that you need to carry out.
- [True] [False] A ‘To-Do List’ should not be prioritised.
- [True] [False] Scheduling should be done on a regular basis.
- [True] [False] Personal development involves looking at your current skill base and establishing ways of improving it.
- [True] [False] You should start a skill analysis by looking at your existing skills.
- [True] [False] You should not let anyone else see your skill analysis.
- [True] [False] Behavioural skills are those which are specific to the particular technical / professional area.
- [True] [False] If you’re going to make a time and financial commitment to improving your skills, you need to be sure you choose a course or training option that will give your career the biggest boost in the right direction.