BSBMGT502 – Manage People Performance
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
FINAL ASSESSMENT COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
– Use clear, non-discriminatory language
– Avoid the use of jargon
– Write clearly using plain English
– Consider your target audience
– Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- use leadership techniques and strategies to facilitate team cohesion and work outcomes including:
- encouraging and fostering shared understanding of purpose, roles and responsibilities
- identifying and resolving problems
- providing feedback to encourage, value and reward others
- modelling desired behaviour and practices
- develop policies and procedures to ensure team members take responsibility for own work and assist others to undertake required roles and responsibilities
- establish processes to address issues and resolve performance issues
- support team to meet expected performance outcomes including providing formal and informal learning opportunities as needed
- develop performance plans with key performance indicators (KPIs), outputs and goals for individuals or the team which incorporate input from stakeholders
- communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders about team performance plans and team performance
- facilitate two-way flow of information between team and management relevant to team performance
- evaluate and take necessary corrective action regarding unresolved issues, concerns and problems raised by internal or external stakeholders.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- explain how group dynamics can support or hinder team performance
- outline strategies that can support team cohesion, participation and performance
- explain strategies for gaining consensus
- explain issue resolution strategies.
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (e.g. two (2) meetings, two (2) role plays, performance action plan and written report).
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit
EDUCATOR to complete
(If resubmission required)
Pre-assessment work completed
Assessment 1, Assessment 2, Assessment 3, Final Assessment, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully
Third Party Report
Third Party report Handed In (in person)
Perform expectation and actions details explained.
Legislation and guidelines explained in terms of procedure to be taken if the employee is not performing with workplace standards and why it is important to have them.
Workplace competition explained.
Poor performance help (support / coach) and resources available described.
Termination procedure to be taken if employee don’t perform well.
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student?YesNo
Did the student understand the difference between self-awareness, social awareness and self-management skills?
Did the student show the ability to deal with their own emotions when working in an environment with people from different cultural background and knowledge?
Did the student create an IDP?
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
FINAL ASSESSMENT –
- As a manager you have a team member under-performing. You have spoken with them (Informally) now you need to formally sit down and document the following form below
(What needs to be Achieved)
Agreed Performance Indicators /Required Outcomes / Timeframes
(How are the required outcomes going to be measure)
Strategies / Actions / Tasks
(How is this outcome going to be achieved)
- According to legislation and guidelines, what are the procedures to follow when a team members is not performing to the workplace standards, how would you handle this if you were the manager?
- Why is legislation and guidelines important to the workplace?
- Do you believe workplace competition is a positive or negative thing to have in the workplace, please provide reasons for youranswer?
- What resources are available in your current workplace should team membershavepoor performance in their job role, how does management in your current workplace coach team members to improve?
- What type of support are you given in your current workplace?
- Discuss options available to you, should the employee not improve their performance after counselling them about it. When do you start considering termination?
- Write a 600 word report on the legislation that applies when terminating an employee’s employment due to underperformance. Start the report by identifying what is poor performance and what options are there to both parties before commencing with the termination.
Include relevant NSW laws and Federal should they apply to industrial relations. This report requires you to list the resources or information you have used to find your information.