Which of the following represents the recent generic structure of HRM function?
- Functional directors reporting to the VP of HRM
- The VP of HRM reporting to the VP of finance and administration
- Functions structured around staffing and appraisal
- Functions structured around labor relations
- HRM generalists with dual reporting relationships
The correct answer to the question is 5. “HRM generalists with dual reporting relationships”.
Under the new generic structure, HRM function is divided into three broad divisions. These are the
1) Expertise centre
2) The field of generalists
3) Center of service
The field of generalists in the new, generic HR structure has dual relationship of reporting. In this they are supposed to report to both the person who is heading the line of business and the head of the HR. However, the line business takes more priority that the HR.