Describe the communication mix tools-advertising, sales, promotion, personal selling, public relations, direct and digital marketing-used by the company “Rossignol” to communicate customer value. Is the firm using Integrated Marketing Communications?
Yes, Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) is being used by Rossignol. IMC is a way of shaping all the features of marketing communication through their own methods and strategies to bring about a united and harmonious experience for the consumers to interact with their product or company.
The communication mix tools are as follows:
1) Advertising – The method of promoting a product that is already paid for is called advertising. For example, promotion through means such as television, radio, movies, magazines, newspapers, and social media.
2) Sales – Paying money in exchange for a commodity is known as Sales. All activities involved in selling goods and services to consumers or businesses come under sales.
3) Promotion – The activities which aim to achieve specific goals or objectives are known as promotional activities. These include sales promotion, merchandising, individual selling, exhibitions, endorsements, and public relations.
4) Personal Selling – The activity wherein products and services are sold to customers on a one-on-one basis is called personal selling. Here the sellers can even use their appearance, mannerisms, and attitude to sell their products.
5) Public Relations – Managing relationships between an organization and its public is known as public relations. It is a planned communication process that helps to build a relationship benefitting both the organization and its public.
6) Direct Marketing – Providing information about any firm, product or service to its customers directly without the help of a middleman is called direct marketing.
7) Digital Marketing – Promoting products and services virtually using the net or digital technologies like computers or laptops, cell phones, and other forms of social media platforms is called digital marketing.