Each knowledge area is :
1) Project Integration Management
2) Project Scope Management
3) Project Time Management
4) Project Cost Management
5) Project Quality Management
6) Project Resources Management
7) Project Communications Management
8) Project Risk Management
9) Project Procurement Management
10) Project Stakeholder Management
1. Project Integration Management
A project integration management is required to ensure that all the various elements of projects are properly coordinated or not. It is an art to perform the tasks perfectly.
Advantages of Project Integration Management:
- Resource utilization
- Creating project templates
- Following a basic process to attain the desired goals and objectives of the project
- Monitoring and controlling of the project helps to educe the mistakes we do
- Everything goes in a streamline
2. Project Scope Management:
A Project scope management is basically a starting step of project planning process, it has triple constraints – planning, controlling and closing.
Planning: it defines the work which needs to be done and capture the reality
Controlling: Documentation and all the utilization of resources can be defined here
Closing: it helps to assess the original outcomes of the project
Advantages of project scope management:
- It reduces time
- Helps to maintain the work in a stream line
- Scrutinize the list of problems
- Proper utilization of resources
- Performs every task perfectly
3. Project Time Management:
Time management is the tool, which helps to analyze, measure and access your projects on a timely basis effectively. There are simple 4 step process to keep it effectively.
Define the activities – Define the tasks and details of the project so that the project will be fleshed out to perform task on a crystal-clear note.
Sequence the activities – To maintain the project details in a logical manner then create sub tasks and make the work easier.
Estimate activity resources – Right people at right place with perfect responsibilities can perform every task excellently and add perfection to their work.
Develop and control the schedule – project manager tends to follow it, so that even he can get timely updates and can guide their subordinately in a well manner.
Advantages of Project time management:
- Low Stress
- Great Opportunities
- More productivity
- Attain reputation
4. Project Cost Management:
Project cost management always covers the full project that means from the initial planning phase to actual costs attained and the completion of the project. A project can’t be completed without budget and this helps to let a manager know where you have utilized and how much you have utilized. It completely deals with 4 steps – resource planning, cost estimating, budgeting and cost controlling. It is little difficult to understand and perform as it is the key for the project, so every detail should be managed in a proper way.
Advantages of Project cost management:
- Helps to define where and how much you have spent
- Helps to divide the budget in a well-organized manner
- It creates a sense of accomplishment
- Awareness and Planning is highly supportive
- Helps to learn what to prioritize
5. Project Quality management:
Project quality management is a continuous process that starts and ends with a project, it focuses on every minor edge of the project and tends to satisfy everyone because excellent quality leads to better position. It is a repetitive cycle which is followed by every organization.
Advantages of project quality management:
- It Enhances the market image
- Defects and wastes can be eliminated
- Gives a good competition for all the competitors
- High productivity
- Supports an innovative process
6. Project Resources Management:
Project resources management helps to carry out tasks of every project and resources can be storable and non-storable. Resources are like people, equipment, ideology, funds etc.,
Advantages of project resources management:
- Gives good output
- Will learn to make the best with available resources
- Increases the productivity
- Conflicts reduction
- Automated planning
7. Project Communications Management:
Project communications management spend the time mostly in communicating with their team members and with all the notable members both internally and externally. It includes plan communications, report performance, manage the stake holders experience, distribution of information wisely.
Advantages of project communications management:
- Will learn to manage people
- Will tend to gain profits
- Will learn to maintain skilled professional relationships with everyone
- Reduces the disputes
- Perform the tasks in time
8. Project Risk Management:
Risk management is used by optional, financial, operational and by every manager risk management is the main task which needs to give guidance for his subordinates. Risk management is the key to success and failure and a manager should know where to take risk and where to ignore.
Advantages of project risk management:
- Communication is elevated
- Better information for decision making
- Team will always have remained focused
- Lots of challenges
- Easy to spot the troubles in a project
9. Project Procurement Management:
project procurement management is a collaboration of many aspects and it is compressed with five step processes – monitoring, planning, initiating, contact writing, closing.
Advantages of project procurement management:
- Analyze the market stability
- Take initiative approaches for something new
- Timelines to be maintained to achieve the desire goals
- Easy to perform
- Helps to gain profits
10. Project Stakeholders Management:
It Influences the key stake holder’s expectations and requirements, it a stake holder is unhappy, then the projects a failure button so it is very important to keep your stake holder always happy as it plays a very crucial part of the project.
Advantages of project stakeholders management:
- To build better relationships
- Protect your reputation
- To Make better decisions
- Improved communication
- More Challenges