MGMT.7934 Innovation and Enterprise Assessment 2– Entrepreneurs in Focus
As such New Zealander’s still have that ‘Number 8 wire’ mentality of doing it for your self and seized the opportunity to create ventures and experiences catered for the tourist market. Some creative and innovative ideas have emerged and have become New Zealand icons which include the Bungee jump and the popular Jet Boat rides of Queenstown.
Your assignment is to write an essay on an innovative practice or idea that a business or organisation has developed. This can range from innovative systems to a complete new product or service. It must however be within the current field the business operates in and not a new business all together. Your case study should include:
- The background and history of the business/owner
- What innovative practices/product/service did they implement
- What was the aim of the initiative?
- How did it come about and what research was taken to support it?
- How did the initiative impact on the organisation?
- What success did the initiative have on the market?
There is no set format for this report but should be clear and well presented.
- Assignments should be placed in the assignment box in the foyer of the School of Business and Tourism at the Mokoia Campus or mailed or couriered provided they are received at Mokoia, or a regional centre, on or before the due date.
- Students must submit their own work for marking. Read carefully the notes in the organisation section of your course book relating to beneficial and unacceptable assistance from other students.
- If you are unable to complete the assignment but are entitled to an aegrotat consideration, please contact your tutor as soon as possible to ensure the correct procedure is followed. In such circumstances, it is expected you will submit what you have completed by the due date.
- The assignment has been made available to you on eCampus.
- An assignment cover sheet must be attached to the front of the completed assignment and
signed to say this is your own work.
- Please do not put your assignment into a plastic clear file. It is very difficult to mark.
The background and history of the business/owner
What innovative practices/product/service did they implement
What was the aim of the initiative?
How did it come about and what research was taken to support it?
Planning Research Other
How did the initiative impact on the organisation?
What success did the initiative have on the market?
Competitors Market share Growth
TOTAL M ARKS