Assessment 3: Reflective writing – Reflective Report and Learning Plan
This final assignment is a written account of your learning experience during this session. It is based on your learning plan which was submitted as part of your first assessment.
This assessment consists of two key elements:
1. A Reflective Report (25%)
Write a reflective report based your final learning plan consisting of a minimum of four (4) academic references from the myReadings list. You are required to cite these sources both in-text and at the end in your reference list using APA 6th ed. It is essential that you use the appropriate reflective style of writing with a report format for this assignment using headings and sub-headings (submission is via Turnitin with an Assignment Cover Sheet).
To be more specific, your reflective report should include the following information:
- A self-evaluation of your learning development and learning experiences in this unit. Provide examples, taken from your learning plan, of personal learning goals, and an evaluation of outcomes (e.g. what was learned; how goals were achieved; what goals were not achieved and why; what you will do differently in the future).
- Identify barriers and constraints to learning as well as enablers and supports.
- Identify learning strategies you will adopt in future learning situations.
- Discuss the qualities of an effective oral presentation and the strategies you will need to employ to give a successful academic presentation. Reflect on your own experiences of giving an oral presentation.
- Your understanding and the relevance of the academic skills required for your discipline.
- Appendix: Your learning plan presented in a table format.
2. Final Learning Plan (20%)
This is an update of your original learning plan, which you submitted in Assessment 1, incorporating an evaluation and reflection of your progress this session. The development, review, reflection, and modification of your learning plan is required to be evident throughout the session. Your final learning plan is made up of your modifications based on your ongoing reflections as well as feedback received on your initial version submitted in Week 3 (Assessment 1). The feedback you receive on your first version will assist you with completing your final learning plan. Your final learning plan is marked based on a demonstration of your ongoing review, reflection, and modification.