Software Quality Assurance Assignment
This assignment requires you to produce an academic report on industry standards for quality assurance of software.
Select any one of the topics from the list to provide a comprehensive description on industry standards that requires for a software to provide quality assurance. Present you findings that should include purpose, principles, classifications/levels, and process standards involved, models, industry practices, benefits and limitations on the chosen topic.
The report should include a title page, table of contents, an introduction, body with logical sub- headings and a summary. The body of the report should contain between 1800 (min) and 2000 (max) words (excluding executive summary and references).
You must cite at least eight current and reputable sources to support and validate your writing. You must also list all non-cited references in the bibliography. Your text book should only be used as a guide to report.
Software Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) COCOMO
Provide a written report to academic report standard describing your topic and findings. Use accurate APA 6 referencing. Include at least five references to the sources you use to write your report. Include the following in your report.
Purpose of the chosen industry standard
Description on principles, industry practices, classification/levels, process standards involved.
Benefits and limitations
A glossary of terms if necessary
- Discussion time will be made available in class for issues that arise.
- All work for this assignment must be your own and should be written in your own
words. This is not group work. Sources of articles from the Internet that are not produced by a reputable journal, organisation, or academic institute are not acceptable. Copying without referencing is considered plagiarism. Extensive referencing using quotes is not acceptable.
- In addition to the recommended resources listed below, journal or conference articles (peer reviewed) from the online databases provided by the library are recommended as suitable information sources.
- Your submissions must be original work written in your own words and the sources of your information cited and referenced correctly using the APA format. The highest quality work has a zero to 5% level of plagiarism. For this assignment, any student work submitted that shows a Turnitin rating higher than 25% will be returned unmarked to the student for revision but no additional time will be provided for resubmission and the work will be penalised at 10% per day late. Turnitin is set up so you can make multiple submissions of drafts. It is recommended to submit a draft of your work prior to the due date to check that it falls below the 25% limit. Revise the draft if necessary to bring it to an acceptable level then resubmit it.
- The report must use academic English. Marks will be deducted for poor writing, poor structure (i.e., headings and paragraphs must be arranged appropriately), and spelling and grammar errors. If you are unsure about the best layout and formatting for a report please look up the APA Style Manual in the library.
- - Margins normal
- - Font size 11 or 12
- - Font: standard business font (e.g., Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri, Cambria
- - Page numbers used
- - Singe spaced text
- - Captions on figures and tables are used correctly