Project Management Final Project
Working in groups of 3-5 you have been asked to come up with a team project to be handed in at the end of the semester. This project is worth 25% of your final grade. The goal of this project is to give students hands on experience planning and executing a project and working through the formal stages of project management.
All Final Project Management Projects should contain the items listed below. Keep in mind that your particular project may require more forms/templates then what is listed below. Be sure to include all the templates listed below as well as a narrative for each section. Your narrative should be compiled into a project report which will likely be 5-7 pages excluding templates and appendices. You can find a complete list of templates on eLearn in the Drop box under Template for Reference.
Items to include in your Project:
- Title Page – Professional Business Format listing all participants names
- Project Name and Description
- Project Charter
- Project Scope Statement
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) INCLUDE YOUR MS PROJECT FILE GANTT CHART SHOWING TASKS, DATES, TIMELINE, DEPENDENCIES and RESOURCE ALLOCATION
- Kick off meeting template
- Time Management (timelines should be consistent with MS Project file)
- Quality Metrics
- Cost Management
- all relevant material cost information
- all relevant labour cost information
- Human Resources
- assigned tasks
- issue log
- reporting structure
- Project Risk
- risk probability matrix
- risk register template
- Lessons Learned Report template
- Photos of your event/project
The assignment must be submitted in hardcopy in the following format:
- Title page on top followed by, Table of Contents with appropriate page numbers.
- All relevant pages numbered appropriately
- All stapled together
- One submission per group
As you carry on into the semester, you will be learning Microsoft Project. Some of these documents will be prepared in MS Project.
Here are some suggested Projects:
- Taste Test Challenge
- Raising Awareness in the Community
- Cleaning up the community park, city streets
- Planning a Party
- Planning a Fundraiser
- Hosting a charity barbeque
- Creating a Garden
- Art/photo exhibit
- Sports tournament/event
Your project must be attainable, so if you are doing fundraising, your financial goal must be realistic and attainable. Please be sure to get approval from the Instructor ASAP for your project idea to ensure your group is on the right track.
Please see the rubric posted to elearn to see how marks will be allocated for this project.
Remember: you are representing the college so always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
Pick something that is relevant to you and Have Fun!