MGT510 - Strategic Management Assignment 2
Get the best assignment help from MakeMyAssignments.com
In this assignment, you are required to write a 3500 word Report. This includes a 200 word executive summary, but excludes references and appendix.
Your Report should cover the following:
1. Identify and evaluate the suitabilty of the organisation's current strategy
(a) Identify and discuss the strategy that the organisation (or SBU) is implementing/has implemented by examining its strategy statement and/or its value chain activities.
(b) Evaluate the suitability of the organisation’s current business strategy based on the outcomes of your analysis (e.g., the identification of the organisation’s current strategy and the most significant factors affecting the organisation’s performance, and your understanding of the organisation's strategy). If the current strategy is not suitable, please recommend no more than two alternative strategic initiatives that the organisation should pursue and justify your recommendations.
3. Evaluate the implementation of strategy
4. Identify the key issues and give your recommendations
5. Draw your conclusion
This contributes to the following learning outcomes for this subject:
- be able to identify and explain the key components of strategic management such as strategy analysis, strategy formulation and strategy implementation, and their interrelationships;
- be able to review and evaluate the evolution of ideas and practices leading to the development of strategic management and its relationship to other management practices and principles;
- be able to identify and differentiate between functional areas such as marketing, finance, operations and human resource management and evaluate how they should act conjointly toward the attainment of the organisations strategic aims and objectives;
- be able to evaluate the importance of developing strategically appropriate relationships between people, processes, functions, structures and even organisations; and
- be able to critique, act strategically, and make recommendations in the context of the potential of strategic management vis-a-vis the realisation of organisational change and/or success in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.