MGMT.7930 Strategic Management Assessment 2 case study
Get the best assignment help from MakeMyAssignments.com
The objective of this assessment is to discuss the strategic options your organisation should consider and to recommend the best option in terms of the strategic issues facing the organisation. (There is an example of one way to do this assignment in the readings – Strategic Options for British Airways).
Word limit: 2700 Assessment Weighting: 30% Due Date: 23rd June 2017 @ 4.00pm
You need to discuss:
- Introduction (200 words)
o Include a recent (last five years) challenge which the firm/organisation has faced.
- Strategic Issue (500 words)
o Briefly summarise the strategic issue(s) you identified in Assignment 1 (Part B).
o Discuss this issue(s) with relevant justification, analysis and examples. Explain why
you consider this issue(s) the most important at this time.
Strategy Options (900 words)
o Explain the strategy options for this issue. Make sure you include both a description of the option and the method/s.
o Evaluate the strategy options using the RACES framework (Resource, Acceptable, Coherent, Effective, Sustainable)
- Best Strategy Option (900 words)
Discuss which strategy or combination of strategies would be the best option for the firm/organisation and which strategies should be rejected. Ensure you justify your choices
- Conclusion (200 words)
- Reference List
Your report should be written in an appropriate business analytic layout.
- Title Page (not Assignment Cover Sheet)
- Contents Page
- Strategic Issue Identified
- Strategic Options
- Strategic Choice
o You may also include appendices:
- Appendices contain extra or supplementary material which gives extra information which is too detailed to be put in the main report but you think will help illustrate some aspect of the report.
- Appendices need to organised, number with a letter or a number, referred to within the report and presented in professional manner.
- Annual Reports - look on the company website
- Other websites (see list in course outline)
- Business magazines and newspapers
- Academic books and journals (particularly for generic information about the relevant