Strategic Management for Organizational Sustainability
Get the best assignment help from MakeMyAssignments.com
- Information of your Group Members
- Identify members of your team with full names and student numbers. Groups are to consist of three to four members only.
- Regulate your own group efforts. Any problems that arise, such as group members not contributing a fair amount of the work, must be resolved within the group. Lecturer and tutors will not intervene - so select your group 'members carefully.
- Assignment detail
What is Website Development? Website development is a broad term for the work involved in developing a website for the Internet (World Wide Web). This can include website design, website content development .However, between web professionals, "web development" usually refers to the main non-design aspects of building web sites: writing mark-up and coding. Web development can range from developing the simplest static single page of plain text to the most complex web-based intemet applications, electronic businesses, or social network services. The complexity of the website varies with the organization goal to goal.
- Your task
In this assignment you are required to develop an attractive website using WordPress and php MyAdmin. Your website could be based on any company or company problem.; therefore,you are free to develop any website on any theme (e.g. pizza shop, fashion show. ,grocery shop, auto parts shop, car dealer, state agent etc). However, your website Must be simple and attractive, consider the characteristics of attractive website in section 4.1. Section 4.2 summarized website tasks and marks that each tasks carry. Section 4.3 summarized what should include in report.
3.1. Characteristics of an attractive website?
- Make sure your website is complete. If you are building a site want to have it complete before you start driving traffic to it. Many times people published a website that is not done and as a result the visitors turn away due to inadequate content.
- Ensure website simplicity and user friendly. Simplicity and user friendly are important aspects of any attractive website. As most of the time website users have a lack of skills in computer, therefore, developers should consider the website simplicity during the development phase of website.
- Visually Appealing: An attractive website creates an impulse among the visitors to stay longer rather than swathing from your site to another. Incorporate relevant and attractive image in order to make your website look more interesting and interactive.
- Incorporate smart choice of colors: Color scheme is the soul of any website. It transecends online your brand image and identity. Your website is certain to look attractive when you have used right combination of colors. Even the simplest of color schemes must strike the correct combination of colors. Choosing compliment colors makes text on your website easily readable for users.
3.2. Report writing
- Assignment cover page (must include, group names, student ID's, subject name, your website name, lecturer name.)
- Your selected company introduction
- Summary of website included functions
- Website screen shots and their descriptions
- References (if any)
- Submission Procedures and Required Format
Your team's assignment report is to be written in English, on A4 pages. The report should be written in clear, plain language, so that non-experts can easily understand it. Your report should be addressed to the Managing Director of your proposed organisation, and should briefly re-state the tasks you were required to perform and detail the material produced. Include brief instructions on how to view your website structures, design and implemented. Please note that the Managing Director is familiar with computers, but has a very limited understanding of technologies like WordPress and php MyAdmin. Attach all relevant designs and support materials in an appendix. Your company website should be saved onto a CD or USB drive, and included with your report. The disk is to be labelled with the subject name and names of all team members. Please ensure that the disk cannot be separated from the report during normal handling. This hard copy of your assignment can be handover to the lecturer during Software Engineering lab timings. Alternatively, assignment (program and report) can be submitted via VU Collabrate.
All sources quoted in your report should be detailed in a Reference Section. The report must be your own group's work. i.e. , it must be the result of your own reading, thought and discussion and the expression of . ideas must be yours.
The submitted will therefore comprise:
- a) Your group's report
- b) Relevant designs and support material
- c) Sources detailed in a reference section
- d) Declaration form (see appendix A)
|Website content||All website pages must consistent and relevant Marks (18% to 20%)||
At least 80% website material is consistent and relevant Marks|
(15% to 17%)
At least 50% website material is consistent and relevant Marks|
(1% to 14%)
|Most of the website material is not relevant Marks (0%)|
|Website must contain at least 20 pages||Contains 18 to 20 pages Marks (18% to 20%)||Contains 15 to 17 pages Marks (15% to 17%)||Contain 10 to 14 pages Marks (1% to 14%)||Website pages are below 10 Marks (0%)|
|Website should be simple and user friendly||Very easy to use in context of normal users Marks (8% to 10%)||
Some material is hard to find and locate (Navigation problem)|
Marks (5% to 7%)
|Half of the material is hard to find and locate (Navigation problem) Marks (1% to 4%)||The website content makes user lost Marks (0%)|
|Use of suitable pictures and videos||Relevant pictures and videos Marks (8% to 10%)||Some pictures and videos are not relevant Marks (5% to 7%)||Website presents only pictures not videos and wise versa||Irrelevant pictures and videos Marks (0%)|
|Attractive choice of colors scheme||Relevant scheme Marks (8% to 10%)||Some parts of the website has irrelevant color scheme Marks(5% to 7%)||Most part of the website has irrelevant color scheme Marks (1% to 4%)||Not Follow any color scheme Marks (0%)|
|Website must have company contact page, Which includes; Company Phone,||Contact page contains company phone, address,||Contact page contains company phone, address, fax, ,map, but form||Contact page contains company phone, address,||The Contact page not included Marks|
|Address ,fax ,form that allow user to send a message to the company and map to locate the company directions||Fax , form to send a message to the company and map Marks (8% to 10%)||To send a message to the company not working properly Marks (5% to 7%)||fax ,map ,but there is no form to send a message to the company Marks (1% to 4%)||(0%)|
|Website should have a user registration form||User registration form included and working properly Marks (8% to 10%)||User registration form included but has some minor errors Marks (5% to 7%)||
User registration form included, but has some major errors Marks|
(1% to 4%)
|User registration page not included Markes (0%)|
|Your website should have company logo and that logo must be seen on every page of the website||Company logo seen on every website page Marks (8% to 10%)||Some parts of website not contain company logo Marks (5% to 7%)||Most of the website parts not contain company logo Marks (1% to 4%)||Company logo not included Marks (0%)|