COMP.8002- Information Technology and Business Intelligence Assessment 2
- critically analyse the use of cloud computing in business intelligence applications;
- Relate the concepts of Data Warehousing (DW) and online analytical processing (OLAP) to different organisational contexts.
- Analyse and critically evaluate the importance of data modelling, star schema, normalisation issues of data warehousing and data mining.
You are required to read widely on the following in business intelligence applications of both energy and banking industries:
- data warehousing
- online analytical processing, and
- the issues related to the use of cloud computing
You should write a report which includes the following:
- Use of data Warehouse concepts and Online Analytical Processing in energy and banking industries.
- The important dimensions being used in data warehouses of energy and banking industries.
- The new dimensions or online analytical processing that could have been included data warehouses of energy and banking industries.
- Critically analysis of the use of cloud computing in business intelligence applications.
- Analysis and critical evaluation of the importance of data modelling, star schema, normalisation issues of data warehousing and data mining in both energy and banking industries.
Your submission must follow the APA format. The references must be formatted to the APA 6.0 standard. The final report must be more than 3,000 words but less than 5,000 words, double spaced. The following format is recommended:
- Cover/title page.
- Introduction (Limit to 100 words).
- Conclusion (Limit to 100 words).
You must submit your paper electronically through the Turnitin site before the deadline.
You are required to work individually on this assessment task. While you may want or need to work as a study group, all work submitted must be your own. Any work that is submitted that is not your own, will receive a Fail grade.
Types of organisational functions:
- Commercial banking, marketing, promotion, etc.
- Electricity generation, marketing, sales, business promotion etc.