BSBWHS501 Ensure a Safe Workplace Activity-3
BSBWHS501 Ensure a Safe Workplace
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 3
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 3COVERSHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
|Student Number:||Insert Student Number Here|
|Student Name:||Insert Your Name Here|
|Subject:||BSBWHS501 Ensure a Safe Workplace|
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management|
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on Moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: 17 April 2019
Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0|
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
- Use clear, non-discriminatory language
- Avoid the use of jargon
- Write clearly using plain English
- Consider your target audience
- Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- establish, implement, maintain and evaluate a work health and safety (WHS) management system for a work area of an organisation in accordance with WHS legislation including policies, procedures and record keeping
- ensure organisational WHS compliance
- establish, implement, maintain and evaluate effective and compliant participation arrangements for managing WHS including identifying duty holders, identifying and approving the required resources and developing and implementing a training program
- establish, implement, maintain and evaluate procedures for effectively identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks using the hierarchy of risk control
- provide information and complete documentation for a WHS management system
- identify requirements for and request expert WHS advice.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- identify and detail relevant WHS Acts, regulations and codes of practice
- specify relevant WHS organisational policies, procedures, programs and practices
- explain hazard identification and risk-management processes
- describe the hierarchy of risk control and how it is applied in the workplace
- specify in-house and WHS legislative reporting requirements.
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (e.g. establishing and maintaining arrangements for managing WHS within the organisation's business systems and practices).
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit
EDUCATOR to complete
|Pre-assessment work completed|
|All assessments, tasks & activities (on Moodle®) successfully||Add Scale|
|Activity 3 – WHS Presentation|
|1. Draft an Emergency Procedure|
|i. The student has reviewed and evaluated Wentworth Institute Fire Emergency procedure.||Add Scale|
|ii. The student has chosen one topic listed above, research and draft an emergency procedure.||Add Scale|
|2. Present Draft Presentation|
|i. The student has presented a draft presentation the Wentworth senior management (HR director) to demonstrate chosen necessary improvement on existing emergency procedures.||Add Scale|
|3. Create Presentation|
|i. The student has created a PowerPoint creating no more than a Maximum 8 slides excluding Cover page and “Q&A, Thank you”.||Add Scale|
|ii. The student has used dot points to highlight your content; use visuals to complement it, use animation, if it complements your presentation.||Add Scale|
|iii. The student has ensured that speaker notes have been included for each slide.||Add Scale|
|4. Present Presentation|
|i. The student has planned the structure and flow of the presentation (your presentation is a story!)||Add Scale|
|ii. The student has linked the ideas together to ensure the content flow||Add Scale|
|iii. The student has summarised the presentation at the end to remind your audience of the journey||Add Scale|
|iv. The presentation is recorded for more than 5 minutes.||Add Scale|
Assessor to complete:
Did you observe the student? Choose an item.
Further comments required
Resubmission required - Choose an item.
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
Date: 17 April 2019
Activity 3 –WHS Presentation
Emergency and Evacuation Procedure Improvement
Wentworth Institute Fire emergency manual has not been updated for a couple of years. HR manager asks you to firstly review existing emergency procedure, and then research and present an emergency and evacuation procedure for a given security scenario below.
The scenarios / topics are:
- Evacuation drills
- Onsite Evacuation (Toolbox Talk) e.g., outsources Job/controls or onsite maintenance
- Critical Incident (Electrocution or falling etc.,)
- Draft Presentation:
- Review and evaluate Wentworth Institute Fire Emergency procedure.
- Choose one topic listed above, research and draft an emergency procedure.
- Present Draft Presentation:
- Present it to the Wentworth senior management (HR director) in order to demonstrate the topics you have chosen are necessary improvement on existing emergency procedures.
- Create Presentation
- Use MS PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi or other presentation software. Maximum 8 slides excluding Cover page and “Q&A, Thank you”.
- Use dot points to highlight your content; use visuals to complement it, use animation, if it complements your presentation.
- Ensure you include speaker notes for each slide.
- Present Presentation
As an advisory group presenting to a target audience, please consider the following:
- Plan the structure and flow of your presentation (your presentation is a story!)
- Link ideas together to ensure the content flow
- Summarise your presentation at the end to remind your audience of the journey
You are also required to record your verbal presentation (at least 5 minutes). Assessments undertaken in this manner must be video recorded and uploaded through E-Learning at the time of final assessment.
|Student Name||Insert Your Name Here|
|Student #:||Insert Student Number Here|
|UOC Name:||Ensure a Safe Workplace|
I have read the assessment conditions and know the observation criteria and I am ready to participate in the practical assessment
Students Signature: _________________________________________________________________
Not Yet Satisfactory
|i. Plan the structure and flow of your presentation (your presentation is a story!)|
|ii. Link ideas together to ensure the content flow|
|iii. Summarise your presentation at the end to remind your audience of the journey|
|iv. The presentation is recorded for more than 5 minutes.|