BSBMKG502 - Establish and adjust the marketing mix|
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
Student Number:|| |
Student Name:|| |
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0|
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
- Use clear, non-discriminatory language
- Avoid the use of jargon
- Write clearly using plain English
- Consider your target audience
- Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- use leadership techniques and strategies to facilitate team cohesion and work outcomes including:
- encouraging and fostering shared understanding of purpose, roles and responsibilities
- identifying and resolving problems
- providing feedback to encourage, value and reward others
- modelling desired behaviour and practices
- develop policies and procedures to ensure team members take responsibility for own work and assist others to undertake required roles and responsibilities
- establish processes to address issues and resolve performance issues
- support team to meet expected performance outcomes including providing formal and informal learning opportunities as needed
- develop performance plans with key performance indicators (KPIs), outputs and goals for individuals or the team which incorporate input from stakeholders
- communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders about team performance plans and team performance
- facilitate two-way flow of information between team and management relevant to team performance
- evaluate and take necessary corrective action regarding unresolved issues, concerns and problems raised by internal or external stakeholders.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- explain how group dynamics can support or hinder team performance
- outline strategies that can support team cohesion, participation and performance
- explain strategies for gaining consensus
- explain issue resolution strategies.
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (e.g. two (2) meetings, two (2) role plays, performance action plan and written report).
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit
EDUCATOR to complete
(If resubmission required) |
Pre-assessment work completed|
Assessment 1, Assessment 2, Assessment 3, Final Assessment, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully||
Third Party Report|
Third Party report Handed In (in person)||
Student analised current communication strategy with customers and staff.|| || || |
Student reviewed channel of distribution and described their importance.|| || || |
Student analised the current marketing strategies providing existing media.|| || || |
Student analised new target for new customers.|| || || |
Student analised changes in the marketing mix.|| || || |
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student?YesNo
Did the student understand the difference between self-awareness, social awareness and self-management skills?
Did the student show the ability to deal with their own emotions when working in an environment with people from different cultural background and knowledge?
Did the student create an IDP?
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
- What is your current communication strategy with customers? (50 words count)
- What is your current communication strategy with staff? (50 words count)
- Review three (3) channels of distribution and describe their importance to marketing outcomes.
(Word count 150 words)
- What are the current marketing strategies for your existing customers? (Name at least five (5) marketing strategies).
- Provide summaries of existing advertising and media. For example: letter box drop. List at least four (4) advertising strategies.
- Provide summaries of existing online marketing websites. For example: Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. How would you them to promote your business or product? (Word count: 100)
- Define six (6) market segment profiles for your workplace (e.g. age, income, gender, interests, geographic location etc.).(min 6 market segments)
- In your workplace what is your new target market for new customers? (6 demographics must be different from above)
- In your own opinion, select one (1) change that needs to be made to your organisations marketing mix? For example, choose one (1) demographic that needs to be changed in your organisation.
10. Analyse and describe the adjustment you will make to your Marketing strategy (marketing mix).(Word count: 200 words)
- List the resources and their costs that your organisation will require to procure (obtain) to adjust their marketing mix. (Min 8 entries… don’t forget HR costs i.e. wages)
2000 A5 full colour flyers/brochures; full gloss; 150 GSM from Office works (Wynyard) for handouts||
- Analyse the impact and importance of the promotional methods used by your workplace to achieve market outcomes. (Word count: 200 words)
- How can you determine if your adjusted marketing mix was success or not? Including your source/s for measuring success and/or failure (sources can be in the form of questionnaires, surveys or any other evaluation methodology)
- Who would you need to communicate with regarding the progress and outcome of adjusting the marketing mix in your workplace? Name three (3) People and their Job Title & Role.
Name Title Role