BSBMKG502 - Establish and adjust the marketing mix
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 1 - Marketing Mix Component
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 1 COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
| Student Number:|| |
| Student Name:|| |
| Subject:|| |
| Course:|| |
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
| Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0|
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
- Use clear, non-discriminatory language
- Avoid the use of jargon
- Write clearly using plain English
- Consider your target audience
- Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- use leadership techniques and strategies to facilitate team cohesion and work outcomes including:
- encouraging and fostering shared understanding of purpose, roles and responsibilities
- identifying and resolving problems
- providing feedback to encourage, value and reward others
- modelling desired behaviour and practices
- develop policies and procedures to ensure team members take responsibility for own work and assist others to undertake required roles and responsibilities
- establish processes to address issues and resolve performance issues
- support team to meet expected performance outcomes including providing formal and informal learning opportunities as needed
- develop performance plans with key performance indicators (KPIs), outputs and goals for individuals or the team which incorporate input from stakeholders
- communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders about team performance plans and team performance
- facilitate two-way flow of information between team and management relevant to team performance
- evaluate and take necessary corrective action regarding unresolved issues, concerns and problems raised by internal or external stakeholders.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- explain how group dynamics can support or hinder team performance
- outline strategies that can support team cohesion, participation and performance
- explain strategies for gaining consensus
- explain issue resolution strategies.
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (e.g. two (2) meetings, two (2) role plays, performance action plan and written report).
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit
EDUCATOR to complete
| Observation/assessment || Satisfactory/not Satisfactory || Comments|
| Pre-assessment work completed|
| All assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully|| || |
| ACTIVITY 1 – Marketing Mix Component|
| Identification, size & scope of workplace identified.|| || |
| Key Product or Service identified.|| || |
| Key feature and one key benefit of your product or service in your workplace identified.|| || |
| Existing customers (current Market) for the product/service demographic identified.|| || |
| 4ps marketing mix established|
| || |
| SWOT Analysis of the Product/Service created|| || |
| How current and existing customers’ lifestyle, social and economic factors can affect marketing mix explained.|| || |
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student?YesNo
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
Activity 1 –Marketing Mix Component
- Summary including; identification, size & scope of workplace. (e.g. ABN, Legal name & trading name, form & function of the enterprise where you work (Word count: 50 words)
- Describe your Key Product or Service (Be specific). (Word count: 50 words)
- Identify one (1) key feature and one key benefit of your product or service in your workplace?
- In your workplace who are your existing customers (current Market) for the product/service demographic? (Min 6 demographics)
- Using above product, establish four (4) 4ps marketing mix (product, price, place and promotion) also include information on how each element of the marketing mix has been used and one (1) positioning strategy to best match the market to which the product or service is being targeted?
(Word count minimum: 100 words)
- Create a SWOT Analysis of your chosen Product/Service. 4 points each Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats:
| STRENGTHS|| WEAKNESSES|
| 1.|| 1.|
| 2.|| 2.|
| 3.|| 3.|
| 4.|| 4.|
| OPPORTUNITIES|| THREATS|
| 1.|| 1.|
| 2.|| 2.|
| 3.|| 3.|
| 4.|| 4.|
- Describe how your current and existing customers’ lifestyle, social and economic factors can affect marketing mix? (Word count: 150 words)