BSBLDR501 - Develop and use emotional intelligence Summative Assessments 2
- You are applying for a job as a departmental manager in an office setting. The organisation has made it clear that having a high level of emotional intelligence will be a deciding factor in selecting the successful candidate.
You have been asked to submit a document that addresses the following points:
- What are your emotional strengths and weaknesses?
- What are personal causes of stress in your work life and how do you deal with them?
- What are your emotional triggers and how have you learnt to manage them?
- What would you do to act as a role model to workers in your department in the management of emotions?
- Are you open to feedback from others in relation to your EI? How would you go about getting and using it?
- How does self-reflection factor into the continual development of your EI?
- How would you respond to a worker who is:
- Extremely angry?
- Extremely stressed?
- Extremely upset?
- How much knowledge do you have about the cultural expressions of emotions? How would you use that knowledge?
- How would you adapt your leadership style to workers experiencing different emotions?
- How would you factor the emotions of workers into decisions that you make?
- How would you provide opportunities for workers to express their feelings and emotions?
- How would you make workers aware of how their emotions and behaviours affect others and how would you encourage them to manage their emotions?
- What would you do to encourage others to develop their EI?
- What would you do to create a positive emotional climate in your department?
- How would you use the strengths of workers to achieve workplace outcomes?
You are required to provide a detailed response (at least half a typed, single space page) for each point listed and to use examples to support your responses wherever possible.
You are expected to use the information provided in this unit; however, you will also need to demonstrate that you have carried out your own research. Remember to properly cite any sources that you use.