BSBHRM512 - Develop and manage performance management processes Final Assessment V02102018
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
| Student Number:|| |
| Student Name:|| |
| Subject:|| |
| Course:|| |
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
| Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0|
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
- Use clear, non-discriminatory language
- Avoid the use of jargon
- Write clearly using plain English
- Consider your target audience
- Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- develop, implement, monitor and review an organisational performance management process which supports business goals including analysing the organisational strategic and operational plan
- design methods for the development of key performance indicators and formal performance management sessions by line managers
- consult with stakeholders to gain support
- design, develop, coordinate and implement individual and group learning and development
- train line managers and other relevant people to manage performance
- provide support to line managers to effectively manage performance issues, including dispute resolution and termination of employment
- develop approaches to improve performance and address identified performance gaps.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- list characteristics of a learning organisation
- outline policies and legislation relevant to performance management
- summarise grievance procedures
- explain models for giving feedback and options for skill development
- describe options in the design of performance management processes
- outline role of performance management in relation to broader human resources and business objectives.
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (implementation of performance management processes and development) .
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit.
| Observation/assessment || Competent/NYC || (If resubmission required) |
| Comments |
| Pre-assessment work completed|
| Assessment 1, Assessment 2, Assessment 3, Final Assessment, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully|| || || |
| Third Party Report|
| Third Party report Handed In (in person)|| || || |
| Organisational performance management process developed, implemented, monitored and reviewed.|| || || |
| Individual and group learning and development developed and implemented.|| || || |
| Support provided.|| || || |
| Strong leadership demonstrating.|| || || |
| Bottom-up support|| || || |
| Performance management processes complied.|| || || |
| Performance management processes explained.|| || || |
| Importance to share information and success rates of activities with appropriate managers explained.|| || || |
| What information is important to share with management described.|| || || |
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student? Yes No
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
- Within your workplace or organisation, develop; implement, monitor and review an organisational performance management process which supports business goals including analysing the organisational strategic and operational plan. This should involve:
- Consulting with stakeholders to gain support
- Designing methods for the development of key performance indicators and formal performance management sessions by line managers
- Training line managers and other relevant people to manage performance.
- Based on feedback gained from line managers regarding identified performance gaps, develop and implement individual and group learning and development.
- Within your workplace or organisation, provide support to line managers to effectively manage performance issues, including dispute resolution and termination of employment.
- How can demonstrating strong leadership increase the chances of line managers supporting the implementation of performance management processes?
- How might bottom-up support be gained from operational staff?
- What questions could be asked to managers and employees to establish whether current performance management processes are being complied with?
- In no more than 250 words, describe why it is important to update performance management processes to keep in line with changing organisational objectives and policies.
- Why might it be important to share information regarding the progress and success rates of activities with appropriate managers? Describe your answer in roughly 200 words.
- What information is it important to share with management figures regarding the progress of learning and development activities?