BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff Activity-4
BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
| Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0|
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
- Use clear, non-discriminatory language
- Avoid the use of jargon
- Write clearly using plain English
- Consider your target audience
- Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- prepare job descriptions
- use job descriptions to support sourcing, selecting and appointing suitable staff
- use different advertising channels to promote vacancies and/or establish a potential talent pool
- consult with managers to gain approvals
- develop selection criteria and interview questions in consultation with relevant personnel
- schedule interviews and advise relevant people of times, dates and venues
- participate in interviews and other selection techniques including assessing candidates against selection criteria to short list them
- obtain referees' reports
- prepare and distribute a selection report including feedback to give unsuccessful candidates
- advise unsuccessful candidates of the results
- secure preferred candidate s agreement and provide an employment contract
- advise other staff of the successful candidate and arrange induction.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- identify documentation required for recruitment, selection and induction
- explain human resources life cycle and the place of recruitment and selection
- identify legislation relevant to recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- describe channels and technology to advertise vacancies
- explain a range of interviewing techniques and other selection processes and their application..
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (creating job description and participating in the job process with the WIN College educators) .
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit.
EDUCATOR to complete
|Observation/assessment||Competent/NYC|| (If resubmission required) |
|Pre-assessment work completed|
|Assessment 1, Assessment 2, Assessment 3, Final Assessment, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully|
|Third Party Report|
|Third Party report Handed In (in person)|
|Human resource determined|
|Job specification provided|
|Manager and staff identified|
|Job advertisement provided|
|Selection process provided|
|Job contract created|
|New employment checklist|
|Probation period summary|
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student?YesNo
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
In this second section of the assessment, you must develop the recruitment and selection processes to complete the process.
In your answer:
- Determine the future human resource needs of your organisation. What new positions will need to be created or new staff employed? State the name and job title of those with whom you consulted to find this information out. (Provide evidence of the meeting/discussion/notification) (200 words approx.)
- State what managers and other staff these were distributed to.(Clearly identify their names, position and contact details)
- State what training and/or support was required by current staff members regarding the recruitment/selection of the new staff member(s) (120 words approx.)
- Provide a copy of the job advertisement and state how you ensured that this met all legal requirements. (200 words approx.)
- Describe the selection procedures that you adopted and show how these were legal, fair and in line with your planning. (100 words approx.)
- Also include a reflection summary of your experiences with the recruitment and selection of the new employee.
- Write a job offer document/contract of employment for the new employee including advice about salary, terms and conditions.
Now that you have a successful applicant in the position, you need to induct them into your organisation. To show that you have completed a successful induction, please provide the following evidence for your assessor:
- Attend the induction for the new staff member(s) and write a summary of the processes involved and whether the staff members in a) conducted it according to the plan.
- Provide a copy of a completed induction checklist for the new employee(s). (At least 10 Q&A)
- Write your performance improvement plan for the induction process and how improvement will help to meet objectives. (At least 1 Q&A)
- Write a summary of the management of the new employee(s) during their probationary period. Who ensured that they were working according to their job description and how did they do this? Include details of any further training or mentoring(after the induction) given in order to help them learn them do the duties for their new job. .
** The expected length for this assessment: at least 4 pages **