BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff Activity-3
BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 3 - Support selection process / Induct successful candidate
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY 3 COVER SHEET
Please ensure this form is fully completed prior to submitting.
This page should be on the front of your assessment and needs to be easily accessible.
I hereby certify that:
- This assessment task is my own work based on my personal study/research and not the work of another student and/or source.
- I have acknowledged all material and sources used to prepare this assessment task.
- I have not plagiarised or copied any part of this assessment task from the work of any other student or source either.
- This assessment task has not previously been submitted.
- I am aware of the requirements set by my Trainer & Assessor.
- I have retained a copy of this assessment task for my own records.
- I have completed all my assessments, tasks & activities (on moodle®) successfully.
Student’s Signature: _______________________________ Date: _________________
Wentworth Institute RTO Code: 91178 November 2017 Version: 1.0
This assessment must be based on where you work (or have worked most recently).
This Assessment is designed to test the knowledge that you have acquired throughout the unit. Use the following tips to help you answer the questions:
Read each question carefully. Check with your trainer or assessor if you are not sure what the question is asking.
HINT: Use these questions as subheadings to create a business style report to answer your assessment
Your response to each question should aim to provide enough information to answer the question. In most cases, this can be done with just a few paragraphs. Don’t forget to refer to attachments under the heading (question) applicable, e.g. ‘See attached email’.
Important: Your assessment must contain this coversheet and your own coversheet (for your “report”)
Your answers & assessment submission must professional in style (Business), content and format. Maximum font size 11 points: Font Arial or Times New Roman; single spacing; clear paragraphswith appropriate punctuation, spellchecking and final submission will need to be proof-read. (i.e. few missing words or typo’s)
- Use clear, non-discriminatory language
- Avoid the use of jargon
- Write clearly using plain English
- Consider your target audience
- Ensure that your responses meet the needs of the target audience (in this case your trainer or assessor).
All of your work must be original.
Evidence of the ability to:
- prepare job descriptions
- use job descriptions to support sourcing, selecting and appointing suitable staff
- use different advertising channels to promote vacancies and/or establish a potential talent pool
- consult with managers to gain approvals
- develop selection criteria and interview questions in consultation with relevant personnel
- schedule interviews and advise relevant people of times, dates and venues
- participate in interviews and other selection techniques including assessing candidates against selection criteria to short list them
- obtain referees' reports
- prepare and distribute a selection report including feedback to give unsuccessful candidates
- advise unsuccessful candidates of the results
- secure preferred candidate s agreement and provide an employment contract
- advise other staff of the successful candidate and arrange induction.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
- identify documentation required for recruitment, selection and induction
- explain human resources life cycle and the place of recruitment and selection
- identify legislation relevant to recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- describe channels and technology to advertise vacancies
- explain a range of interviewing techniques and other selection processes and their application..
Marking and Criteria guide:
Assessor and student must read this carefully before assessment.
A 75% demonstrated competence in the answers is the benchmark only and students & assessors must note that professionally critical aspects/concepts must be included (creating job description and participating in the job process with the WIN College educators) .
All parts (criteria) in the marking guide must be completed successfully for the student to achieve competence in this unit.
EDUCATOR to complete
|Pre-assessment work completed|
|ACTIVITY3 – Support selection process / Induct successful candidate|
|Job Description explained|
|Interview questions created|
Assessor to complete:(circle)
Did you observe the student?YesNo
Further comments required
Resubmission required? Yes_________ No___________
Date resubmission must be handed in: ________________________
Assessor’s name and signature: _______________________________
Activity 3 –Support selection process / Induct successful candidate
- Choose one (1) job position belowand write out the selection criteria for the position?
- Factory worker
- Shop assistant
- Company manager
- Administration Assistant
- Write an advertisement for the position above and explain how/where you plan to advertise it?
- What legislation have you had to be aware of for the recruitment and selection of the staff member you chose in question 1?
- Write an email that you could send to colleagues inviting them to participate in a Selection Panel to recruit for the position that chose in question 1. You need to consider the knowledge; skills and attitude that potential panel members will need to possess to make an effective contribution to selection procedures. Your email should also describe the role and responsibilities of panel members.
- Write some interview questions to ask to the interviewee at the interview for the position you chose in question 1.
- Have you ever taken part in an induction for another course/college/school or workplace? If, so what was it like? What did you learn there? If not, what kind of induction do you think they should have had (please explain)?